SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished data architect to help SurveyMonkey to re-architect its data stores to a cloud-native next-generation globally distributed data store. You are passionate about the data, have in-depth knowledge and a thought leader of online and analytical data stores. You have an excellent vision of how the structured and unstructured data should be securely stored, consumed, and managed. You will use your deep expertise to develop, innovate technical solutions to meet the needs of the business, engineering architecture vision as a whole.
- Partner with the cross-functional engineering teams to define a highly scalable and reliable target architecture for the global data stores for both online and data lakes
- Provide technical leadership, oversight, and guidance for the data/schema migration over time with minimal business interruption
- Drive consistent end-to-end data-driven integration strategy for heterogeneous data stores federated across various production deployments
- Educate and ensure the various engineering teams follow the best practices to architect their applications for optimal use of both relational and No SQL datasets
- Collaborate with data engineering and data science teams to understand data challenges and provide scalable and flexible solutions
- Architect and implement data governance and security for the data platforms
- 12+ years of experience in managing a variety of high performing databases
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- 5+ years as the data architect in the public cloud
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Comp Science or related field; AWS certification would be a plus
- In-depth understanding of relational db and analytical db solutions, NoSQL data stores, and data warehouse design
- Hands-on implementation experience of highly available architecture, data model, ETL development for both on-prem and cloud database solutions
- A solid track record of leading, designing and building cost-effective data solutions in AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.
- Strategic thinker, Self-motivated and team-oriented, should be able to work autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed teams
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.