SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, to learn and grow with. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
Analyze Platform provides our users/ customers the ability to get key insights from the data they collect. With millions of responses being collected every month, you will be working on testing very interesting data and scalability challenges. From new platform to new survey analysis features, this role will have a high impact in driving Analyze Platform technical direction; while also having a huge impact on how our customers make decisions.
SurveyMonkey is looking for an experienced Software Developer In Test - BackendTest Automation Engineer, responsible for developing and automating test plans for the Analyze Platform services. You will be a pioneering test automation engineer with opportunity to define how we think about testing and quality across our services. If you are passionate about leading Test Automation efforts to architect, plan, and contribute across Analyze Platform services to provide a high-quality product, this is a great opportunity!
- Define a comprehensive test plan and implement a strategy for testing new features.
- Execute test cases to validate product functionality and be gatekeeper for each release
- Work with engineering teams to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis
- Participate in the entire product development cycle from design & implementation, to testing & release phase
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load and stress testing.
- Help troubleshoot production issues
- 5+ years of hands-on software automation testing with web or server side applications
- Understanding of Web, HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- Experience with writing web / backend application tests from design to release
- Good understanding of the technologies at the core of our SDET tools: Python or Java
- Working knowledge of Linux and relational DBs
- Be proficient on automation test script design and development
- Be an effective communicator
- Distributed testing experience in a high availability CI / CD environment
- Familiarity with Python web frameworks, like Pylons/Pyramid or Django
- Familiarity with monitoring/logging tools like New Relic, Splunk, DataDog etc
- Experience writing Splunk queries
- Working experience with GraphQL
- Working knowledge of Nginx, AWS, and Docker
Equal Opportunity Statement
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.