SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Team
Help us build. Help us be. Whether you're recruiting top talent or keeping our current team happy and healthy, you're an excellent communicator with a knack for cultivating relationships both within and outside the company. You’ll also play a key role in shaping and nurturing our strong company culture. If you're ready to help make our stellar company even better, apply today!
The Senior Director of Talent Development will be responsible for helping us deliver on our employee value proposition: to be a Place Where The Curious Come To Grow by enabling the growth of our diverse Troop, and developing innovative talent strategies and engagement initiatives that position team members to do the best work of their lives. This Senior Director will oversee Learning and Development and Talent Management functions reporting to our Chief People Officer.
This senior leader will be responsible for integrated talent development programs that help achieve SurveyMonkey’s business strategy and objectives. Important qualities in this leader include: thought leadership, results-orientation and a passion for delivering exceptional employee experiences. Keys to success in this role include: excellent organization skills, effective at building strong relationships and influencing at all levels across the organization, ability to be both strategic and execute with great thoughtfulness and attention to detail and a dedication to delivering work of the highest caliber.
This is a key strategic role within the organization and requires a person of vision, integrity and commitment as well as substantial experience, maturity and judgment.
- Continue to develop world class onboarding experiences for new employees to welcome them to our company, introduce them to our culture, and enable them to be productive and have an impact.
- Lead the translation of the company’s strategy into thoughtful and innovative talent management plans and objectives, including performance management and employee growth, leadership development, and succession planning.
- Continue the transformation of our performance management programs. This includes: quarterly growth/impact/goal conversations, feedback approach, talent review/calibration and succession planning.
- Drive the ongoing design and development of our manager and leadership development efforts focused on investing in leaders across the organization capable of inspiring teams, leading with purpose, executing with operational rigor and creating great employee experiences.
- Work in close partnership with the HR Business Partners, Social Impact Team and Senior Leaders to determine the overall talent management needs for each organization as well as the existing initiatives/capabilities and offerings. Based on this assessment, develop an integrated strategic vision for initiatives and solutions, learning and development objectives performance measures.
- Develop integrated messaging and/or internal marketing campaign that pulls together all the great program work (as outlined above) to deliver an impactful story and employee experience that delivers on our commitment to be a Place Where the Curious Come to Grow.
- Help ensure the talent management function is a strategic partner to the business, and foster a culture of continuous learning, growth mindset and knowledge sharing.
- Be proactively curious - investigate best practices, trends and innovations; use the knowledge to direct the talent management function (develop, maintain, and upgrade programs).
- Manage and motivate a team; provide both executive and team coaching to ensure individual and team effectiveness. Ensure the team has a deep understanding of business to enable a strategic yet pragmatic approach when providing advice and value
- Partner with the People Analytics function to deliver quality metrics that drive priorities, measure outcomes and efficacy and enable better decision-making.
- Drive the creation of internal content and exploration of external partners, subject matter experts and available solutions to deliver on our learning objectives above.
- Ensure a diversity, equity and inclusion lens is integrated in all our processes and programs.
- At least 15+ years of strategic Human Resources, Organizational Development, Learning or related experience, gained in progressive companies with best-in-class talent management practices.
- Experience in learning strategy, analytics, performance management, talent development, and program management
- Successful track record in building, implementing, and sustaining key talent management initiatives and showing direct, positive linkages to achievement of business strategy.
- Experience in building and delivering a broad talent management agenda with specific subject matter expertise in talent acquisition, performance management, HR Planning/Leadership Development, Learning and Development, assessment, developmental 360 and executive coaching, career planning and development.
- Prior experience acting as global process leader across a sizeable, global business.
- Proven success in building a global, high performing team.
- Thought leadership in the areas of: leadership development, succession planning, performance management and talent development.
- Experience partnering with the CHRO to drive talent discussions with the CEO and executive leadership.
- Exhibits high levels of resourcefulness, influence, organizational savviness, execution skills (strategy through implementation) and executive presence. Must be effective at sharing ideas and information with peers and business leaders.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.