SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SurveyMonkey is a leader in the survey space. The Audience product within SurveyMonkey caters to an exciting new space, ripe for innovation and helps millions of people make a wide variety of product and market decisions every day. We are a small, agile and autonomous team of engineering, product, design and sales moving the product forward quickly and efficiently. See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Audience Platform team who is self-driven and enjoys solving complex and interesting problems. We build and maintain the backend services that power SurveyMonkey’s Audience product. We also build APIs that internal teams can leverage to provide strategic integrations and solutions to deliver value to our customer base.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Design, build, and maintain scalable services across multiple data regions
- End-to-end ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, following software best practices which allows us to move quickly.
- Build observable systems that track important metrics that help monitoring as well and make important product decisions.
- Mentor and guide engineers on best practices and providing valuable code and design reviews
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with teams across offices in Portland and San Mateo.
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases (MSSQL and MySQL experience is a plus)
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others
- Self-motivated, data-driven and have a strong work ethic
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Candidates with experience in the following is an added plus:
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Experience building high-traffic APIs and websites
- Experience with modern security and access control practices
- Experience with continuous integration (frequent deployments)
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
- Experience with multi-region data center architecture
- Experience with AWS
Technologies we Use
- SQL Server, MySQL, Memcached
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension benefits and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.