SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
This is a marketing leadership role focused on developing and executing SurveyMonkey’s global SEO strategy. The position, reporting into the VP of Growth Marketing, will work cross-functionally with key business partners to help improve the organic discoverability across search engines for SurveyMonkey. This is a critical role that is integral to the marketing organization including high-level visibility and interaction with our executive management team
The director will manage a team of SEO experts helping to define and prioritize the team’s focus to delivering growth through organic search. Responsibilities will include strategies by country as SEO plays more and more of a critical role in helping drive growth in new markets.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical to effectively measure and manage campaigns, who will relentlessly seek to improve and optimize the programs, and who will inspire a talented team to continue making SEO a competitive advantage for SurveyMonkey.
- Build a short-term and longer-term roadmap for SEO to help deliver growth globally for SurveyMonkey.
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues to develop alignment and prioritization for SEO projects. Key partners include teams such as product, engineering, brand, research, content, and more.
- Lead and inspire a team of SEO-dedicated marketers to help effectively execute on the SEO roadmap.
- Develop an SEO forecast quarterly and annually in partnership with Finance allowing the business a greater understanding of SEO contribution by quarter.
- Work closely with product, web and engineering teams to develop A/B testing plans to drive growth including landing page optimization, audience testing, and more.
- Lead technical SEO efforts and effectively communicate technical SEO aspects to non-technical partners.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to implement best practice SEO programs and processes throughout the organization globally.
- BA/BS degree from credible university.
- Minimum of 10+ years of success running enterprise SEO campaigns in-house or at an agency.
- Strong track record of collaborating with cross-functional partners to achieve success.
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, SEO best practices for technical architecture, and how links fit in with the SEO ecosystem.
- Experience working with SEO tools like BrightEdge, SearchMetrics or Conductor.
- Expert level experience with Google Analytics or Omniture.
- Deep understanding of Google Webmaster Tools, experience with Yandex, Baidu, Naver is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and manage external vendor/partner relationships including negotiating contracts and terms.
- Comfortable managing multiple assignments with contending priorities and tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in managing and inspiring teams is a plus.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is a plus.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.