SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Team
Did you own a calculator watch before calculator watches were cool? Then get in touch! We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey stays healthy and grows. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to the Monkey, we want to hear from you.
We are hiring a Senior Accountant who will be a key member of the Accounting team and will be hands-on in supporting the company’s month-end and day to day accounting operations. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for Payroll and Compensation related entries including Bonus, Commissions, Vacation, Stock, Sabbatical, financial reporting/fluxes, close activities, reconciling general ledger accounts, and participating in special projects within the Finance team.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for the US and Canada entities with an emphasis on Payroll and Compensation
- In charge of Payroll and Compensation accounting, including but not limited to preparing schedules, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Reconcile payroll bank accounts monthly and ensure all bank activity is timely and accurately recorded
- Prepare error-free accounting journal entries and reports for month-end close
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process
- Analyze financial data to identify discrepancies and collaborate with respective teams to resolve
- Maintain Balance Sheet and P&L accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Support the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, and supporting analyses, along with meaningful commentary to explain results/variances to various levels within the organization
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and controls, develop and enforce proper accounting policies, processes, and procedures for practice within the department and Company. This includes developing and maintaining policies, desktop procedures, and manuals
- Ensure timely completion and analysis of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare schedules and reports for month end and/or tax purposes
- Prepare schedules for external auditors for the financial statement audit process as needed
- Assist with various special projects
- Partner with international and cross functional teams on key areas of responsibility
- Escalate issues and recommendations to management as appropriate
- SOX internal control compliance for your areas of responsibility
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; CPA is a plus
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts
- The ability to proficiently perform professional level accounting research, analysis, reconciliation, financial and accounting reporting
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills)
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others, and follow through to execute all tasks
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Ability to complete assignments independently with minimal supervision
- High Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel) and G Suite (Google Sheets)
- Experience with NetSuite or similar cloud-based accounting software applications
- Experience with Workday and ADP is a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.