SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Team
The Financial Planning and Analysis team is a diverse team (currently made up of corporate finance professionals, investment bankers, and Big 4 auditors/accountants) who partner with business leaders to conduct high-impact analysis and deliver recommendations to drive critical decisions. This team reports into the CFO organization. It establishes the short- and long-term financial objectives of the organization, measures performance against these objectives, and supports course-correction to meet these objectives. We roll up our sleeves and put our minds to work on SurveyMonkey’s most impactful initiatives.
In this highly visible role, you’ll partner with our global sales leadership and cross-functional teams to budget and forecast bookings, revenue, headcount, and operating expenses.
You’ll apply thought leadership, business judgment, project management, and reporting expertise to translate the company’s strategy into financial roadmaps, targets, and decisions. You’ll be responsible for developing and ensuring the accuracy of financial models that support operational and strategic decision making for multiple channels and businesses within SurveyMonkey. You will partner with senior leadership across the organization to deliver on priorities that drive the growth of our company and to deepen relations with investors. You should possess an analytical mind, have a high bar for quality of work, have the ability to drive to action, and be willing to roll up your sleeves to get it done. You have a desire to make a substantial impact on decision-making, to learn quickly in a dynamic, high-growth technology company, and to be a mentor and in-demand partner across the organization.
- Closely monitor financial metrics and business drivers relevant to the global sales organization including pipeline development, rep productivity, renewal rates, cost of new customer acquisition, and product profitability
- Identify and prioritize key business issues and actively take initiative on delivering impact and solutions to them
- Structure and advance complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Take ownership of the forecasting and financial reporting process and identify areas for improvement, efficiencies, and automation
- Drive timely and accurate close process
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships throughout the organization at all levels
- Deliver and craft high-quality presentations for senior executives, investors, and lenders
- Organize and lead due diligence, financial modeling, and other assistance for corporate development/M&A activities
- BA/BS in finance, economics, accounting, or business
- 5 years+ Finance related experience (Investment Banking, Private Equity/VC and/or FP&A)
- Strong Excel skills required
- Highly analytical but also willing to take action, driving to pragmatic and sound solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter, with the ability to work with minimal direction and set effective project plans
- Skilled at influencing, communicating, and building relationships across all disciplines of the company; especially skilled at setting and managing senior leadership expectations
- Strong work ethic and team-first attitude: Humility and humor make for a high-impact contributor
- Experience working at an established technology or high-growth company
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, and Salesforce
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.