SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does _surveymonkey_ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, not a lone wolf. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Developer Platform team who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems. We help build and maintain the APIs that help grow our platform both internally and throughout our customer base, as well as provide strategic integrations and solutions to deliver value and get feedback where it’s needed most.
Some of the things you will do as a Senior Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Architect, build, and maintain high traffic services across multiple data regions
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Design fault tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without impacting customer access
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor and guide engineers on best practices
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Experience building and maintaining a publicly available RESTful API that supports tens of thousands of developers
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases (MSSQL and MySQL experience is a plus)
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others (not a solo hacker)
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work
- Experience building high-traffic APIs and websites
- Experience with modern security and access control practices
- Experience with continuous integration (frequent deployments)
- Material contributions to open source projects
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
- Experience with multi-region data center architecture
Technologies we Use
- SQL Server, MySQL, Memcached
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.