SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Build what users want next - before they even know they need it. We’re looking for passionate product professionals who want to build world-class solutions that simplify the lives of our users. From planning to design, testing, and rollout, you’ll use your knowledge and strong communication skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company. If you want to help shape the future of SurveyMonkey, then we want to meet you.
SurveyMonkey is building the next-generation platform experience that will continue to transform our business and strengthen our offerings. The API & Integrations, Sr. PM role is critical to this transformation and will work closely with multiple stakeholders to understand the customer needs, cross-product use cases and create a vision and roadmap that we can execute on.
This is a highly visible role and a great opportunity for an experienced product leader to influence SurveyMonkey’s product strategy.
In this role you will:
- Build the roadmap for our suite of APIs while working closely with our engineering and cross-functional core and solutions product team to drive our API strategy.
- Identify key new API / integration opportunities to scale the business and/or monetize through competitive analysis, customer conversations and sales requests.
- Own the launch, pricing, packaging and GTM of our API as a service product.
- Translate market and partner needs into actionable requirements and work with a world class engineering and UX team to deliver on the roadmap and requirements.
- Coordinate API platform initiatives across the engineering and non-engineering teams, through a shared vision and communicating product plans to all stakeholders.
- Support Customer Success/ Sales Engineering and the Sales team with API related customer questions.
- Help provide API and integration training and documentation that drives adoption internally at SurveyMonkey and throughout the SurveyMonkey ecosystem.
- Play a key role in shaping, executing, and delivering the SurveyMonkey platform initiative
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in software with at least 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Proven experience with managing APIs and services as a product
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with integration technologies, platforms, and tools (Salesforce, Microsoft, Marketo, Tableau, Google, etc..)
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Flexible with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Engineering, Business or IT related field is required.
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.