Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
About The Position
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. In addition to supporting the sales team in pre-sales conversations, you will work cross-functionally with product, marketing, legal, and security.
- Provide pre-sales functional and technical expertise through the buying process including knowledge of the SurveyMonkey core platform, additional solutions, and integrations
- Drive the adoption of SurveyMonkey within strategic accounts by translating features into value drivers for the business
- Deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople
- Understand and continually develop working knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of SurveyMonkey
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- Be a SurveyMonkey product expert
- Industry expert on the marketing and/or customer experience space
- Provide RFP/RFI responses and security reviews
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Masterful in delivering software demonstrations, whether in-person, or via web presentation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with technical business documentation like workflow diagrams, proposals, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Able to build a proof of concept application with the SurveyMonkey API
- Comfortable with Salesforce objects and workflows
- Proven ability to work independently and manage a high volume of projects
- Occasional travel required
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension benefits, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.