Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Help us build. Help us be. Whether you're recruiting top talent or keeping our current team happy and healthy, you're an excellent communicator with a knack for cultivating relationships both within and outside the company. You’ll also play a key role in shaping and nurturing our strong company culture. If you're ready to help make our stellar company even better, apply today!
We are looking for a curious, energetic and experienced HR Business Partner to work collaboratively with our world-wide leadership team across Sales on HR programs, policies and initiatives to drive a positive employee experience for our growing organization. In this role you will help define and execute programs that support our business objectives, including employee onboarding, training, recruiting and engagement programs. This position is the primary support to leaders and employees in our San Mateo, California office and other international locations, and will work closely with our global strategic HR team.
- Advise leadership on all people matters to help meet business objectives and priorities.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the cross-functional HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Serve as a strategic partner to multiple areas of the business and functional leaders, establishing HR objectives that align with the org and company-wide objectives.
- Collaborate with other teams within the The People Team (recruiting, compensation, HRIS, talent development, sales operations etc) to support broader initiatives including performance and compensation planning, workforce planning and leadership planning
- Coach managers on matters such as hiring initiatives, talent assessments, team dynamics, performance management and assessing employee development needs. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure a leadership and coaching culture is cascaded throughout the organization.
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent.
- Partner closely with managers on compensation increases and promotions. Provide recommendations based on organizational need, business objectives and compensation philosophy.
- Work collaboratively with internal recruiting teams to refine processes, policies and programs to meet the needs of the local market.
- Demonstrate understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward.
- Conduct investigations for employee relations issues as needed.
- 4+ years of HR Business Partner and HR functional experience in a high-growth environment.
- Experience should include demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to use data to inform and guide decisions and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels.
- Proactive in developing and effectively introducing alternatives to current HR practices, as appropriate.
- Comfort working autonomously, and with a remote manager
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.