Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director to lead a team that drives design strategy for SurveyMonkey’s digital experience. You bring customer centricity and a mastery of design and interaction to what you do. You are self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment. You bring passion, positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
- Owns and leads design strategy on the SurveyMonkey website
- Lead a team of designers to optimize our customer website experience, improve our website information architecture, develop wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes for surveymonkey.com, plus all landing pages
- Perform user research and A/B testing and present findings to make informed business decisions
- Work with key stakeholders from across the company to optimize the entire customer website experience
- Oversee all web design projects from start to finish; lead and provide feedback and guidance to designers; work with developers and QA to implement designs with a high level of accuracy
- Stay up-to-speed on emerging platforms and technologies and share your learnings with the team
- Lead and coach a team of visual and UX designers to grow professionally and personally
- Perform your own design projects and use these as teaching moments to help the team develop their skills
- Protect the integrity of the SurveyMonkey brand, but know that every great brand must evolve. Lead the team to explore creatively.
- Partner with the Design Director to create a dynamic team culture that includes other areas of design: video, motion, and product
- Understand business strategies and present your ideas with a solid rationale
- 7+ years of experience in web and brand design in an agency or in-house design team
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates exceptional creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in responsive web design, including mobile-first thinking
- Deep knowledge of design principles, best practices, and trends
- Interpret, translate and extend the SurveyMonkey brand to develop new experiences
- Expert level in design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to present concepts eloquently
- Understand data-informed design
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or related field
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.