SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SurveyMonkey seeks a CIO with the skills and experience to scale the company through the next stage of our growth as we diversify business lines and expand our sales driven go to market. The CIO will be a key leader on the cross-functional leadership team reporting to the President and serves as the strategic, trusted partner t the C-suite, Board, and senior management on systems, process, and technology. Through assessing our solutions, the changing needs of our business, and the competitive landscape, the CIO will craft our strategic IT roadmap with an eye to scale, efficiency, and quantifiable business impact. As a people leader, the CIO will establish a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement across a portfolio of functions. The CIO will partner with key functional leaders to lead our investments in efficiency, operational excellence, and scale as we continue to transform our business. As SurveyMonkey executes its growth plan across organic initiatives and M&A - the CIO will play a key role in developing new systems and integrating acquisitions.
If you have experience with sales driven go-to-market, global footprint, best of breed digital marketing stacks, security and SAAS, let’s talk.
- Own the vision for and execution of strategic roadmap and priorities for IT/IS, with emphasis on technology stacks for key functions
- Lead the IT workforce strategy for speed of execution and process and optimization
- Assess technical staffing needs (on-shore, off-shore, and staff augmentation) to deliver with a bias for action
- Serve as an outside spokesperson with current customers and prospects at conferences, engagements, and business meetings to support our sales-driven GTM
- Functional responsibility for Security, Business Systems, Collaboration infrastructure
- Work with senior leadership to create multi-year operating plan with focus on business impact
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and drive investments
- Manage IT/IS budget and drive sequencing and investment tradeoffs, driving build or buy decisions to ensure the deployment of technology solutions (both off-the-shelf and custom built applications.)
- Build effective systems and software development lifecycles; monitoring productivity and SLAs;
- Represent the CIO agenda to the board
- Partner effectively with CTO, CPO, CSO (Sales), and SVP, Data to identify, prioritize and drive strategic initiatives that impact the organization
- Communicate strategy, objectives, and performance results to the executive team and cross-functional partners.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Mentor and coach a team of leaders across Business Systems, Security and IT; prioritize employee engagement, foster a growth mindset by seeking opportunities for employees to develop skills aligned with their interests, strengths and needs of the business
The CIO will be broadly qualified and experience technology executive with extensive leadership experience in global, cloud-centric sales-driven businesses. The CIO will be comfortable operating at multiple altitudes with a focus on execution and the day-to-day tactics to drive velocity. The successful candidate will be capable at balancing a startup’s pace of delivery with the long term needs of an expanding business. Most importantly, the CIO will need to bring an employee first leadership style and be able to work in a flexible and collaborative culture.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of work experience and leadership in the Technology industry
- 5+ years of CIO leadership in high-tech companies, preferably with SaaS business models
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferable
- Experience in customer and market-facing interactions
- Strong executive presence along with global experience
- Track record building, leading and mentoring high-performing IS/IT teams
- Significant experience working and leading cross-functionally in high growth organizations
- Strategic thinker with outstanding business acumen
- Relationship builder who inspires trust and confidence internally and externally
- Action-oriented leader who gets things done
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively at C-level and to Board of Directors
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team’s success
- Recent Experience with Marketing, Sales, Finance and IT tech stacks, M&A integration, Cloud and SAAS a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.