Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
The Sr. Sales Manager plays a critical role in growing our business. The focus of this position is to cultivate and develop a team of elite, high-performing Account Executives that are responsible for closing new business revenue. You will manage a team of 5-8 Account Executives, and will be responsible for delivering a team quota based on new business bookings.
You are a talented coach and trainer, with high social intelligence and the ability to motivate and develop a team of closing sales reps. The Sr. Sales Manager must be able to hold individuals accountable for hitting targets (must have managed a team before), and needs to be able to assist their reps on closing deals (must have been a successful full-cycle sales rep in the past). Most importantly, the Sr. Sales Manager will coach and give feedback to reps on their sales calls and selling methodology to improve their close rate.
- Manager, train, motivate, and coach a team of 5-8 Account Executives (note: many AEs will be new to the organization so ramping and training is key)
- Manage your AE team to exceed quota, inclusive of bookings/revenue and pipeline generation targets
- You can help the AE team with prospecting and pipeline development
- You will assist newer reps on demos, deal closing, and legal/procurement contract negotiation
- You will coach and develop reps through call reviews, role play, and leading trainings
- Provide accurate forecasts for management
- 3-5+ years of full-cycle sales and closing experience (SaaS sales experience strongly preferred)
- 4-6+ years of management experience, leading a team of sales reps
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding goals and quota
- Experience coaching reps and creating/leading team trainings
- Excellent working knowledge of enterprise selling methodologies
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing operations, and executive management
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience selling a SaaS offering into organizations with 500+ employees
- BA/BS degree is preferred
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.