Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
SurveyMonkey Audience allows small businesses to quickly and affordably get feedback from real customers. Our platform finds and matches survey takers to potential surveys based on demographic search criteria in real time.
We’re seeking an experienced full-stack developer (minimum of 3-4 recent years as Full-Stack Engineer building web apps in a professional setting) to work on the Supply side of the Audience product - helping improve a new addition to our portfolio of mobile applications, SurveyMonkey Rewards, as well as building out our classic Contribute product.
- Build and maintain a high-traffic website, built primarily in Python and Pyramid
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Help grow SurveyMonkey Audience through new market opportunities and feature development
A qualified candidate is able to:
- Design and implement a web application from the ground up
- Write complete, testable code with meaningful unit test coverage
- Write tech specs clearly explaining planned work
- Give and receive constructive feedback from peers and managers
- Architect new full-stack features, including DB schemas, back-end models, API endpoints, and front-end implementation
- Debug production software using application and server logs and monitoring tools
A preferred candidate is able to:
- Build world-class web applications using Python
- Develop front-end features using React
- Write efficient SQL queries
- Demonstrate proficiency with AWS, monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, New Relic), distributed queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka), or mobile development (either API or client-side)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.