Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
Part of SurveyMonkey’s Customer Success (CS) Team, Account Strategists are focused on expanding the relationship and impact we provide within our existing enterprise-level customer base. SurveyMonkey is driven by our desire to “power the curious,” and that motivates our approach here as well. Growth, be it through expansion, cross-sell, or up-sell, will come by being naturally curious about our clients and their business goals, knowledgeable about our products, and finding matches to increase our value throughout our client’s organization.
We’re excited to take a new approach to an old problem - how to leverage our strong Customer Success framework to simplify and accelerate client growth through more consultative engagements with our clients (while maintaining or improving our gross retention numbers.) We want to set the bar for how software companies create a partnership between Customer Success and Account Management.
- When it’s all said and done: drive incremental revenue from our existing assigned accounts. You’ll do that by coordinating with the broader CS team to identify opportunities to connect with new prospects within our current account base, and then educate and evangelize SurveyMonkey’s enterprise offerings, ultimately making successful connection between the clients objectives and our offerings.
- Contribute to the overall success of the CS Expansion Sales team’s efforts, sharing best practices and contributing to the development of effective strategies, tools, and tactics to identify develop and close expansion opportunities at assigned accounts.
- Proactively grow the breadth and depth of strategic relationships within assigned customers by conducting consultation calls or meetings, demos, organizational mappings calls, negotiation/scoping calls, and procurement/legal contract reviews.
- In coordination with the broader CS organization, provide product feedback based on customer feedback and team observations. Developing strong relationships with your colleagues is essential to turn advocacy into results and to ensure we collectively deliver for our clients.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual expansion sales targets
- Develop strategic account plans
- Maintain timely and accurate account and opportunity forecasting within our CRM system
- Be able to work independently & as part of a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Superior professional presence and business acumen
- BA/BS in business, marketing, human resources, economics, or related field. MBA preferred
- Direct experience or exposure to Marketing, Research, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Employee Engagement, IT or Data Analytics industries strongly preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience in a global client-facing sales or consulting role with direct accountability for revenue generation. Demonstrated track record growing revenue by establishing relationships and converting deals with new clients within existing accounts utilizing a consultative selling approach, in either a technical or non-technical environment.
- IMPORTANT: this is not a traditional Saas new sales role - potential candidates with Saas sales experience but no consulting or professional services experience should apply for positions in SurveyMonkey’s new sales organization.
- Amazing customer experience, along with awesome communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Salesforce and, preferably, a CS platform like Gainsight
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.