SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
In this highly visible role on the Strategy and Business Operations team, you will apply thought leadership, analytical skills, and business judgment to help senior leadership define strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence, and foster innovation and growth. You will draw insights from rigorous analyses, develop informed recommendations, and then drive implementation on the most critical opportunities and challenges SurveyMonkey faces. You will deploy your people management and leadership skills to not only build a business operations team but also to mobilize your cross-functional partners and senior leadership to drive change. This is a critical leadership role in our growing company. You should possess a data-driven approach, have a thirst for excellence, have the ability to drive decision-making among senior business leaders, and be excited about building a team (in your function and cross-functionally). This role reports to the SVP, Strategy and Operations.
What You Will Do:
- Provide insight into our business by deploying data and research (market, customer, competitive)
- Lead complex strategic and operational projects with cross-functional partners; drive to implementation and delivery of results. Projects span strategic, long term (e.g., opportunities to disrupt market research) to near-term optimization (e.g., increase time to sell)
- Navigate multiple time horizons, businesses, and go-to-markets to solve for long-term value creation
- Identify critical business blockers and opportunities and deliver recommendations to improve/capitalize
- Nimbly navigate the organization and motivate cross-functional partners to deliver on recommendations and plan
- Be a credible and reliable C-level advisor; drive decision-making with our senior executives; prepare and deliver materials and analyses to support those decisions
- Develop prioritization and investment frameworks to drive allocation of resources; develop KPIs to monitor performance of our investments
- Create processes for strategic planning, business reviews, and prioritization (and then drive them)
- Coach, build, and empower a highly effective and motivated team
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in economics, management, finance, or other business related fields
- MBA or graduate degree recommended, but not required
- 8+ years of work experience; 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or private equity and 2+ years operating experience in high-growth technology company is a plus
- Exceptional people management skills; experience building and coaching teams
- Data, results, and operational excellence-driven with great analytical skills and execution abilities
- Strong ability to build productive cross functional relationships, drive change, and interact directly with senior management
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.