Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
In this highly visible role on the Strategy and Business Operations team, you will apply thought leadership, analytical skills, and business judgment to help senior leadership define strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence, and foster innovation and growth. You will draw insights from rigorous analyses, develop informed recommendations, and then drive implementation on the most critical opportunities and challenges SurveyMonkey faces. You will deploy your people management and leadership skills to not only build a business operations team but also to mobilize your cross-functional partners and senior leadership to drive change. This is a critical leadership role in our growing company. You should possess a data-driven approach, have a thirst for excellence, have the ability to drive decision-making among senior business leaders, and be excited about building a team (in your function and cross-functionally). This role reports to the SVP, Strategy and Operations and interfaces
What You Will Do:
- Provide insight into our business by deploying data and research (market, customer, competitive)
- Lead complex strategic and operational projects with cross-functional partners; drive to implementation and delivery of results. Projects span strategic, long term (e.g., opportunities to disrupt market research) to near-term optimization (e.g., increase time to sell)
- Navigate multiple time horizons, businesses, and go-to-markets to solve for long-term value creation
- Identify critical business blockers and opportunities and deliver recommendations to improve/capitalize
- Nimbly navigate the organization and motivate cross-functional partners to deliver on recommendations and plan
- Be a credible and reliable C-level advisor; drive decision-making with our senior executives; prepare and deliver materials and analyses to support those decisions
- Develop prioritization and investment frameworks to drive allocation of resources; develop KPIs to monitor performance of our investments
- Create processes for strategic planning, business reviews, and prioritization (and then drive them)
- Coach, build, and empower a highly effective and motivated team
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in economics, management, finance, or other business related fields
- MBA or graduate degree recommended, but not required
- 6+ years of work experience; 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or private equity and 2+ years operating experience in high-growth technology company is a plus
- Exceptional people management skills; experience building and coaching teams
- Data, results, and operational excellence-driven with great analytical skills and execution abilities
- Strong ability to build productive cross functional relationships, drive change, and interact directly with senior management
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.