Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
The Strategy and Business Development team is a nimble team (currently made up of former consultants and investment bankers) who are excited to execute on high-impact strategies. This team reports into the COO/CFO organization and defines the strategic priorities, leads corporate development and strategic partnerships, and rolls up their sleeves to execute and drive operational excellence on SurveyMonkey’s most critical initiatives.
In this highly visible role, you will partner with business leaders to apply rigorous analytical skills, business judgment, and innovative thinking to help define and deliver against strategic priorities. You will be pushed to become a leader with vision and take on ownership for key projects in our growing company. Your projects will span go to market, evaluating acquisitions, pricing analyses, financial business cases, and strategic planning. You should possess an analytical mind and a love for data, be eager to take on challenging problems, enjoy partnering across the business, and have a desire to make a substantial impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
- Conduct market and competitive research to drive strategic decision-making and prioritization
- Develop business cases, structure models and analyses to support go to market and business planning
- Lead cross-functional efforts with Product, Finance, Sales and Marketing to implement business strategies, scale operations, and launch new products
- Structure complex business problems into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Creatively seek out and combine varied data sources to deliver recommendations
- Coordinate and align cross-functional teams for strategic planning
- Craft and deliver high-quality presentations to senior executives
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in economics, management, finance, or other business related fields
- 4-6 years of work experience; 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or private equity is a plus
- MBA or graduate degree is a plus, but not required
- Data and results-driven with great analytical, critical thinking and presentation skills
- Self-starter with exceptional organization, planning, and execution capabilities
- Ability to build productive cross-functional relationships and interact directly with senior management and external parties
- Experience with SaaS and online business models preferred
- Desire to drive significant impact in a high-growth environment
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and to juggle and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.