Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 750+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
Our name: SurveyMonkey. It’s memorable. It’s recognized. It’s the world’s leading survey platform. Our brand is 20 million people strong thanks to savvy marketers who know how to connect with all kinds of audiences. From online and product marketers to communications mavens, our marketing team champions our customers to build brand awareness, launch new products, and keep the business humming. Jazzed? We are too — drop us a line and pitch us your personal value prop!
We’re seeking a dynamic communications executive who will help us take communications to the next level at SurveyMonkey. In this role, you will be responsible for SurveyMonkey’s overall internal and external communications vision, strategy and execution. As a key member of the Marketing leadership team, you will report to the CMO and work closely with multiple members of the executive team including the CEO, President, CFO and Chief Research Officer. You and your team will own our corporate communications strategy, which includes building and executing on B2B and consumer communications plans, managing comms related to the launch of new products, and taking our executive speaking programs to the next level.
If you’re right for this role, you love variety. Your dream job encompasses juggling multiple initiatives, managing and mentoring a small but mightily talented team, creative brainstorming, and balancing strategy with execution to make high-impact projects happen. This fun, fast-paced role represents the opportunity to work at a beloved brand with a client base that includes 98% of the Fortune 500, and elevate our brand as we head into the next phase of our journey. We’re 19 years into our journey but we also offer plenty that’s innovative and fresh - we’re a new public company that recently navigated its first corporate earnings cycle, our business is experiencing healthy growth, and we now span both self-serve and enterprise business motions. Oh, and thanks to our world-class, in-house research team with easy access to both survey tools and panel, the data-driven storytelling possibilities are endless. Read on for the nitty-gritty and contact us if you’re curious.
Here’s a glimpse into a typical week:
- On Monday, you’re on the phone with Eva Longoria’s team finalizing the plan for proprietary research we’re about to launch to highlight Latina Equal Pay Day.
- On Tuesday, you’re debating the finer points of our quarterly shareholder letter with our CFO and our VP of Investor Relations.
- On Wednesday, you’re overseeing Troop Town Hall (as we call our biweekly company all-hands).
- On Thursday, you’re in 1:1s with your direct reports planning for next week, then offsite at a team-building exercise with your peers on the marketing leadership team.
- On Friday, you cancel all meetings to finalize your thoughts on the role of PR and analyst relations in shifting global perception of our brand over the next 6-9 months. You’re prepping to present your proposal during next week’s executive team meeting.
With the support of your team, you’ll:
- Provide the vision for how we evolve our communications strategy, both internally and externally
- Create and implement pressworthy international, national and regional/local PR programs that highlight SurveyMonkey’s positioning, platform, customers, data, and partners
- Oversee communications with financial press and business media related to quarterly earnings announcements and other material news events
- Partner with our in-house research team to elevate our proprietary research through data-driven storytelling
- Provide comms counsel and support related to SurveyMonkey for Good, our corporate social responsibility program which seeks to advance equality and make a positive impact on society
- Manage and provide leadership for internal communications function, which drives strategy and content across a combination of internal events, content and email communications
- Guide team members in building and executing on a highly effective B2B media and analyst relations strategy
- Develop a speaking platform for executives and key leaders within the company
- Manage external agency relations; select vendors and agency partners as needed
- Develop timely reactive responses to events – planned, unplanned or opportunistically
- Play a lead role in building rapport and goodwill with key external media partners
- Consistently represent the SurveyMonkey master brand, its values and key messages and coach
- Travel as needed to support programs
- You’re a brilliant storyteller and talented communicator who can construct powerful narratives that move business and reputation forward
- You have solid public company experience and can inform the strategy that takes our strong brand to new heights
- Relationship-building is one of your superpowers, and you are well connected across key media outlets globally
- You’re a team builder who is adept at developing your team members, helping them grow as professionals and prioritize for maximum impact
- You’re the ideal executive thought partner, both creative and constructive. We have many more ideas than capacity, and having you at the table will help us quickly and objectively identify those with the biggest potential
- You’re outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic: independent thinker, driven, takes initiative yet works well with both internal and external partners
- You’re a player-coach with scrappiness in your DNA: you’re a seasoned leader that loves to get your hands dirty
- You have talent for translating data into a strategic, defined brand communication
- You have presentation/communication skills, and the ability to persuade others about what’s needed to get projects done
- You are extremely organized and willing to implement down to the smallest detail
- BS/BA degree and 15+ years of experience in public relations and/or journalism required.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.