Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 98% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
The respondent experience sits at the heart of everything we do at SurveyMonkey. We collect over 2 million responses per day and we are passionate about providing the best possible experience to every respondent. We are looking for an experienced and inspiring leader to run our Surveys Experience - Respondent team. You will work with a team which deeply cares about user experience and is never satisfied with the status quo. You will work cross-functionally with Product managers, UX designers, marketers, and data analysts to develop new experiences on both desktop and mobile impacting millions of people daily.
- Lead a team of 5-10 engineers to design, build and scale the best respondent experience
- Develop and drive the long-term technology roadmap
- Provide both technical leadership and mentorship - holding a high performance bar for the team. Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers across Product and Design to define, innovate, and execute on the product roadmap
- Partner closely with HR and recruiting teams to attract and recruit strong, experienced talent
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize customer centricity, agile/scrum, and developer productivity
- Own daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risks for your team
- 10+ years of experience leading highly performant teams focused on designing, building, operationalizing scalable products
- Experience evolving and scaling an existing frontend architecture towards a new target architecture over time
- Experience with the ES6, React, Webpack and similar technologies
- A track record of recruiting extraordinary, diverse senior technical talent
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience working with agile development methodology.
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to weigh conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic environment
- BA/MA in Comp Sci, Engineering math, statistics, or related field
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.