Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We are looking for a senior software developer to contribute to the design and implementation of security related features and content, to participate in strategic platform security initiatives, and to evangelize a security mindset across our engineering team.
You will be a member of a small but extremely influential team whose mandate will be to understand the entire business and applications holistically, and aid in implementing security content and solutions through active development and partnering with other development teams.
- Work closely with our security operations team to define and implement our security vision
- Develop security content and features directly as well as partner with other development teams to ensure development of security related content
- Drive a security-oriented development and testing culture within the development team through education and knowledge sharing
- Partner with the security operations team to implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize security, quality and forward progress
- Provide both technical guidance and mentorship of developers in adopting secure coding practices and a “shift left” mentality
- Drive cross-functional projects to completion, providing contribution to software codebases managed and maintained throughout the engineering organization
- 5+ years of experience in an Application Security related field
- A strong understanding of web application security risks and control (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Experience with web applications and web services-based applications, especially in a SaaS environment
- Proficient in Python or equivalent; PHP, Ruby on Rails or NodeJS experience a plus
- Working knowledge of network protocols and web related protocols (ie, TCP/IP, REST, HTTP, HTTPS, IPsec)
- Proven risk assessment skills
- BA/MA in Comp Sci, Engineering math, statistics, or related field
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.