SurveyMonkey is the world's leading provider of web-based survey solutions, but there's really much more to us than that. We're a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experience on the planet, period. We do this because we believe everyone deserves easy access to the insights and information they need to make better, more informed decisions.
We're also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 17 years, we refuse to grow up. We are still small and nimble; everyone plays an impactful role; and when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. We collect 3 million survey responses daily from people in all countries around the world.
SurveyMonkey operates one of the largest commercial Python micro service implementations on the web. As an Infrastructure Engineer you’ll guide teams with best practices when leveraging Infrastructure Platform services (eg. bussing, caching, queueing, service discovery, etc.) in production. You’ll be responsible for fostering the lifecycle of these services while scaling and optimizing the reliability, availability, and performance of the Infrastructure.
- You’ll design and build robust and scalable solutions for a wide variety of problems, including caching, messaging, queuing, and service discovery.
- You’ll monitor and support systems currently running in production - the backbone of our Infrastructure Platform.
- You’ll work with engineering teams to ensure we’re always using the right tools for the job, and to build new tools where the current ones won’t cut it.
- You’ll collaborate across the organization as we scale our stack globally and transition from an on-prem solution to AWS.
- You’ll design, build and measure systems to provide a highly available distributed infrastructure.
- You’ll mentor other members of the team, helping grow Junior Engineers into Senior Engineers.
- 7+ years experience in the infrastructure engineering environment. We’re looking for people who like to learn on the job and can adapt previous experiences to new challenges
- You demonstrate competence in high-level programming languages (we’re big fans of Python)
- You possess practical knowledge and appreciation of various aspects of distributed service design, including messaging protocols, caching strategies and autonomous software design practices
- You have deep understanding of Linux internals (we favor Ubuntu)
- You have experience running one or more of the following types of systems in production:
- Caching - we use Memcached and Redis
- Messaging/Queuing - we use RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Service Discovery - we use Consul
- You are passionate about automating anything and everything
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.