Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Wufoo is the fastest, easiest way to build amazing online forms that you can get up and running within minutes — no coding required. Wufoo also lets you collect online payments, generate dynamic reports, and more.
Does test_wufoo() speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions to test an ever-evolving platform across multiple projects! Help code get tested, validated and shipped to production! More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate and a technical leader, not a lone wolf. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
As part of our Ottawa R&D team in this hands-on role, you will help lead QA efforts to plan, schedule, automate to test multi-tier applications in a rapid development environment. Explore new technology and trends in QA practices and develop new testing frameworks. Then, present these new awesome ideas to all stakeholders.
Additionally, mentor and help the SDET team to build awesome tools that empower and scale the abilities of the Quality Assurance team!
- Develop comprehensive test plans for new features and functions in the Wufoo platform as they are planned and released
- Work through and execute manual and automated test runs according to the test plan prior to each release
- Author automation tests in Java, Appium and Python for Wufoo web and mobile applications and services
- Advance our efforts with continuous integration & automated regression testing of changes
- Admin QA testing infrastructure, both Mac and Ubuntu-based testing servers
- Build automation tools to assist Wufoo Engineering
- Help troubleshoot production issues
- Help manage software deployments
Also in this role you will help examine, validate, and test large scale software development projects and build intelligent systems across a variety of customer use cases.
- 3+ years of hands-on software automation testing
- Have help manage testing infrastructure
- Some experience with mobile test automation
- Experience leading web / backend application testing from design to release
- Good understanding of the technologies at the core of our SDET tools: Java, Python, Jenkins, Selenium, Appium
- Working knowledge of MySQL, Linux
- Distributed testing experience in a high availability CI / CD environment
- Familiarity with Docker, Ansible, TeamCity
- Experience in Setup/maintaining Appium / Selenium Grid
- Experience with BrowserStack
- Experience writing Splunk queries
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, paid holidays and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.