Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Finance - FP&A
The Financial Planning and Analysis team is a diverse team (currently made up of corporate finance professionals, investment bankers, and Big 4 auditors/accountants) who partner with business leaders to conduct high-impact analysis and deliver recommendations to drive critical decisions. This team reports into the COO/CFO organization. It establishes the short- and long-term financial objectives of the organization, measures performance against these objectives, and supports course-correction to meet these objectives. We roll up our sleeves and put our minds to work on SurveyMonkey’s most impactful initiatives.
In this highly visible role, you’ll partner with our global sales leadership and cross-functional teams to budget and forecast bookings, revenue, headcount, and operating expenses.
You’ll apply thought leadership, business judgment, project management, and reporting expertise to translate the company’s strategy into financial roadmaps, targets, and decisions. You’ll be responsible for developing and ensuring the accuracy of financial models that support operational and strategic decision making for multiple channels and businesses within SurveyMonkey. You will partner with senior leadership across the organization to deliver on priorities that drive the growth of our company and to deepen relations with investors. You should possess an analytical mind, have a high bar for quality of work, have the ability to drive to action, and be willing to roll up your sleeves to get it done. You have a desire to make a substantial impact on decision-making, to learn quickly in a dynamic, high-growth technology company, and to be a mentor and in-demand partner across the organization.
- Closely monitor financial metrics and business drivers relevant to the global sales organization including pipeline development, rep productivity, renewal rates, cost of new customer acquisition, and product profitability
- Identify and prioritize key business issues and actively take initiative on delivering impact and solutions to them
- Structure and advance complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Take ownership of the forecasting and financial reporting process and identify areas for improvement, efficiencies, and automation
- Drive timely and accurate close process
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships throughout the organization at all levels
- Deliver and craft high-quality presentations for senior executives, investors, and lenders
- Organize and lead due diligence, financial modeling, and other assistance for corporate development/M&A activities
- Lead and mentor junior team members, training and supporting them in appropriate job roles
- BA/BS in finance, economics, accounting, or business
- 5-8+ years of finance-related experience (FP&A and/or investment banking)
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Strong Excel skills required
- Highly analytical but also willing to take action, driving to pragmatic and sound solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter, with the ability to work with minimal direction and set effective project plans
- Skilled at influencing, communicating, and building relationships across all disciplines of the company; especially skilled at setting and managing senior leadership expectations
- Strong work ethic and team-first attitude: Humility and humor make for a high-impact contributor
- Experience working at an established technology or high-growth company
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, and Salesforce
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.