Survata is changing how brands and marketing experts think about research – moving from manual campaign report cards to advanced statistical analysis for real-time optimization tools. Help us grow our operational side as we continue to build out our company and product.
We use techniques from distributed systems to categorical statistics to machine learning to data visualization to deliver valuable insights to our clients. Our data pipeline scales into the billions to allow our clients to gather insights based on online actions.
What you'll do
Help our systems keep up with our massive scale and growth. No matter the project, you’ll jump in with both feet, architecting it just enough to deliver in the short term and set us up for the long term. You’ll focus on our distributed systems and data pipeline.
- Create and maintain business-critical products, features and services
- Introduce and apply cutting-edge technologies
- Own projects through their entire lifecycle
- Overlook and drive development for new business initiatives
- Pitch new ideas & apply your strong engineering expertise
- Help growing our team of motivated engineers eager to learn from you
- Help us shape and optimize our development processes and practices
What we're looking for
- You get excited about billions of events and terabytes of data
- Distributed systems idempotence excites you
- Even in roles where you don't have formal authority, people look to you as a leader.
- You have 8+ years professional software developing experience
- You understand that your software runs on computers (but you architect things so you spend the minimum amount of time possible thinking about that)
- You’ve used a lot of AWS services. You love some, are frustrated by others, and can’t wait to try the next one
- You either have experience with the likes of Spark, EMR, and Hadoop
- You thrive on the energy of operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup atmosphere
- You have strong hands-on experience writing enterprise-grade applications and services in Java or another language on the JVM
- You are an expert in designing and developing scalable, robust and high performing backend services including efficient and optimized API and protocol design
- You’ve a proven track record designing and building lean, efficient and extensible RESTful web-service APIs
- You know when and how to utilize microservices but you also understand the trade-offs when applying SOA
- You are a strong believer in best and efficient software development principles (e.g. SOLID OO-design, design patterns) and processes (e.g. TDD, peer reviews, automation)
- You have excellent debugging and profiling skills
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-tested code
- You are a self-starter and you love working self-driven in a dynamic team
- You have experience mentoring junior developers
- You love working creatively and solving challenging problems
Survata is the Brand Intelligence Platform. Survata makes brand marketing more impactful.
Survata plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. Survata is the only brand intelligence platform that provides customers
Scale: Our unmatched digital network enables fast, accurate, data collection from millions of everyday consumers
Real-time brand insights: Real-time dashboards for the most accurate up-to-date brand insights, all conveniently accessible on a single platform
Optimization: Seamless integration with DSPs and social platforms means bid optimization and audiences to improve marketing impact
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals including CPG, technology, and financial services as well as the largest global advertising agencies measuring and optimizing digital campaigns for their customers.
We are backed by leading investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Conductive Ventures, leading MarTech founders)