Survata Ads Measurement is changing how brands and marketing experts think about survey-based research – moving from manual campaign report cards to advanced statistical analysis for real-time optimization tools. Help us with our go to market team as we continue to build out our company and product.
The most successful companies understand that data and analysis are the foundation of any effective business strategy. Modern enterprises live and breathe data that they leverage through all sorts of dedicated analytics platforms: customer, product, supply chain, finance, etc. But until now, there’s never been an effective software solution to understand, measure, and optimize companies’ most important asset: their brand.
Survata is a venture-funded startup building the Brand Intelligence Platform. We offer a comprehensive set of tools that help our Fortune 100 clients understand and improve how they’re perceived in the marketplace, how aware consumers are of the value they provide, and how much consumers trust them to provide the value they promise.
Survata has already built an excellent backend system for gathering and statistically analyzing data on consumer sentiment. To fully unlock the power of our system, Survata now needs to build out a suite of interactive, visually compelling, self-serve analytical tools to help marketers ask and answer sophisticated strategic questions (and visually communicate their results to internal stakeholders).
Our Applications Engineering team is small but growing rapidly, and we need a Sr. Full Stack Engineer like you who can provide strong technical leadership to our ongoing effort to build a React/Redux-based dashboard that satisfies complex, data-intensive customer needs while remaining simple to use, efficient to build, and easy to extend and maintain.
This is an opportunity to have an immediate, pivotal impact on the development of a modern, professional-grade set of tools for data visualization and advanced statistical analysis. These tools will be used daily by some of the largest companies in the world to directly guide how they invest hundreds of millions of dollars of marketing budget (with that amount growing more than 100% year-over-year).
What you’ll do
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll have opportunities to work across our frontend, our API backend, and also (if you’re interested) on our data pipelines (which handle billions of events per month) or our statistical pipelines (which apply cutting-edge causal inference methods to our high-quality, high-signal data).
What we're looking for
- You have experience with end-to-end development of powerful, intuitive, highly-functional products for professional end users. You understand the various philosophies of API design and have informed opinions on their respective strengths and weaknesses. You’ve built robust, high-quality API-consuming applications before (whether single-page web apps, mobile apps, or cloud-powered desktop apps).
- You deeply understand and enjoy programming. You’re familiar with the modern landscape of interface frameworks, web/API frameworks, and databases. You know which frameworks to use, when, in what combinations (and when not to use a framework at all).
- You value and practice rigorous engineering methodology. You believe that well-structured code, comprehensive testing, and solid engineering methodology are a must.
- You have strong, informed opinions about what makes a good API. As a full-stack engineer, you’ll both build and consume our Groovy-on-Grails-based API.
- You have material experience with a modern web/API framework. You don't need to be familiar with the particular technology we use, but you should have built real backends in one (or more) framework like Django, Rails, Express, or Spring Boot.
- You like solving real-world business problems. Our clients use our data to make their businesses more effective, and you’ll use your skills to turn theoretical ideas into concrete tools and improvements that will help Survata satisfy our clients. You should enjoy collaborating with Product on specs and designs that solve real needs and will delight end users.
- You’re humble. You understand that you’ll be responsible for making sure we end up with great systems by making sure the best ideas win, even if those ideas aren’t yours.
- You’re curious. You care about understanding the world around you and want to learn more about why it works the way it does.
- You’re the type who fixes problems instead of worrying about who’s responsible for fixing them. You own and take responsibility for your actions and your work and you want to stake out a meaningful area of expertise within the constant swirl and change of startup life.
- You believe that well-oiled, high-trust teams are more effective than the sum of their parts. You know that participating effectively in a team takes deliberate effort and compassionate, effective, and non-violent communication. Survata works hard to foster a welcoming, inclusive climate where people feel safe and supported and actually want to work with each other. You’re comfortable being evaluated for what you add to the team, not just what you add to the codebase.
- At least some experience building tools to visualize and explore large, dense datasets.
- Experience working with React/Redux.
- Experience working with Groovy-on-Grails and MySQL.
- Experience at a startup or fast-growing company.
- Experience building quality products for demanding professional end users.
- Experience with marketing technology, advertising technology, or market research companies.
Survata is the Brand Intelligence Platform. Survata makes brand marketing more impactful.
Survata plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. Survata is the only brand intelligence platform that provides customers
Scale: Our unmatched digital network enables fast, accurate, data collection from millions of everyday consumers
Real-time brand insights: Real-time dashboards for the most accurate up-to-date brand insights, all conveniently accessible on a single platform
Optimization: Seamless integration with DSPs and social platforms means bid optimization and audiences to improve marketing impact
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals including CPG, technology, and financial services as well as the largest global advertising agencies measuring and optimizing digital campaigns for their customers.
We are backed by leading investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Conductive Ventures, leading MarTech founders)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.