Publisher Enterprise Account Executive - New York
New York, NY
The Publisher Enterprise Account Executive role is the engine for Survata’s business, which is doubling annually. This individual contributor will be comfortable running complex sales cycles with a very technical product. The successful Publisher Account Executive has experience in Adtech, Martech and programmatic platforms, and has direct experience selling to publishers, media platforms, and demand side platforms. This is a senior level sales role selling our brand lift solutions to all companies that sell media to brands and agencies and need Survata’s solution to validate the brand impact effectiveness of that media.
How You Will Make an Impact
Survata is looking for a top-producing Publisher Enterprise Account Executive who can significantly grow our publisher base in the New York area. You will be the first member of the publisher selling team at Survata,so you will be tasked with the huge opportunity to evangelize and sell to an expansive, and untapped market.
- You don’t shy away from challenges and can function autonomously in an unstructured environment
- You’re fired up for the opportunity to be the first publisher rep in-market and immediately make an impact
- You thrive at managing a multiple month sales cycle (initial prospect to close) and setting those publishers up for repeat business
- You’ll be responsible to seed, grow, and harvest each publisher relationship, following a land and expand model
- You are a hunter/farmer who forges “top of mind,” long-term relationships that grow over time
- You will invest the time to truly understand the publisher and the publisher client needs, and then you will communicate precisely to our internal teams on how we can best serve them
Your Expertise at Work
- Experience working with the largest national/global publishers who sell to blue-chip brands and their agencies, and a deep understanding of how to engage multiple publisher teams and partners to get deals done
- Experience working with a variety of media platforms to effectively advertise across all digital media channels
- You understand the politics in the media world that exist between sell-side publishers, brands, agencies, and ad serving platforms can navigate the complex landscape
- You’re a digital native; programmatic marketing and the technology linking buy and sell side platforms are familiar to you
- You have knowledge of CTV, OTT, and linear TV measurement
- You do not shy away from a complex and technical sale
- You engage with publisher customers, with a focus on metrics, data and action
- You are motivated by big growth targets and big, uncapped, commissions
- You value quality of work over quantity, and strategy is an integral part of your sales cycle. Hustle is in your DNA.
- You are thoughtful & introspective about your sales approach; it bothers you when people don’t consider sales an intellectual pursuit
- You understand the value of networking. Opportunities exist everywhere, and you look to add value to those in your network as you build it.
- At the end of the day, your goal is to provide the best and most informed customer experience, close your deals and drive in revenue
- You are an Enterprise seller with 5 - 8 years of experience selling into publishers, and have held at least a $1 million annual quota - you exceed your quota year after year
- You have been successful at selling Adtech solutions to publishers. You understand the ecosystem and how the technical puzzle pieces fit together.
- You are able to navigate an enterprise sales cycle and have the ability to appeal to executive decisions makers (Senior Directors, VPs, C-Suite)
- You have the ability to pitch Survata, act as a domain expert (get technical when needed!) and effectively manage the procurement to close process.
- The startup world is not foreign to you. You know how to sell a product without a huge name behind you more importantly you understand and appreciate how processes can be ever-changing and ambiguity can be the norm. You are a self-starter, can find answers yourself, and don’t always need someone to show you what to do next.
- You are on a constant hunt to deepen your knowledge and enjoy collaborating cross functionally to create best of breed solutions for our customers. This is an individual contributor role, but you value teamwork.
Survata enables marketers and agencies to measure the brand impact of their advertising budgets. Being a technology-driven research company, Survata can provide actionable insights in real-time, allowing advertisers to make changes concurrently with the campaign.
Our clients are the world’s largest and leading advertising agencies and Fortune 500 companies like Verizon, Clorox, and Uber to help them understand the brand impact of multimillion dollar media investments.. We also work with the largest global publishers and advertising agencies to measure digital campaigns that they are managing for their clients.
We are backed by leading investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Conductive Ventures, leading MarTech founders). In July 2018 we closed our Series B round of funding.
Unlike legacy brand lift and brand research technology companies in our market, we move quickly to take advantage of the changing landscape of digital advertising.