This position will be responsible for assisting the Facilities and Compliance manager with daily duties and responsibilities. The compliance and asset protection Assistant will work with other departments to ensure the facility and all its functions meet DPS, local, federal, and company rules and standards. This position will require a flexible schedule and strong troubleshooting and analytical skills. As well as a strong understanding of the Admin rules of the Texas CUP program and ability to interact and manage visitors and contractors on-site.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Compliance and Facilities:
- Assist Facilities Manager with preventative maintenance schedules.
- At the direction of the Compliance Manager, conduct periodic assessments to ensure product inventory compliance against compliance tracking platform.
- Assist with implementation of corrective action plans to reduce or eliminate risk resulting from non-compliance with state regulatory agencies.
- Shipping and receiving duties including use of forklift, pallet jack.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 50lbs.
- Escorting of non-registered individuals visiting the facility.
- Exposure to outdoor environments.
- Assist with compliance training for all employees on an annual basis and as needed basis, such as in response to a compliance issue or concerns.
- Possible Extended work hour days and weekends as needed.
- Ability to navigate state and local inspections when necessary.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to detail & pride in ownership.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to enforce SOP and Administrative rules .
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to perform strategic work.
- Competent posting, organizing, and retrieving material from a wide range of databases and web-based tools.
- Consumer focused and adaptable with the ability to balance a multitude of projects.
- High functioning as both team player and an individual contributor.
- Lifting and moving objects up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to hot and cold environments inside and outside.
- Walking a 12 acre facility roughly 3x a day.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Working on ladders and elevated walkways.
- Working in enclosed or elevated spaces.
- Using hand tools and power tools.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.