Surterra is looking for an experienced performance marketer to lead the acquisition strategy for new customer growth from a variety of paid and organic channels. This individual will oversee the strategy and execution for all consumer acquisition marketing programs across all of the Surterra brands and ensure that we meet our big growth goals. We run all our marketing campaigns with a data-driven approach and assess each channel and campaign based on clear ROI targets and are always looking for creative ways to attract new customers to Surterra.
This individual will have experience in implementing best practices driven towards acquiring customers. Success in this role will come through understanding what differentiates a Surterra experience from a competitor while developing strategies based on marketing trends and customer feedback to acquire new customers. This person should be well organized and flexible with a high degree of accountability, and is able to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-pace, rapidly changing environment.
Working at Surterra combines the excitement of a small company, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. If you have a passion to make a difference in the wellness of people around the world, Surterra offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
- Deliver acquisition initiatives and campaigns across PPC, display, social, and other channels.
- Manage and mentor a team of acquisition marketers.
- Lead forecasting and budget management for all acquisition channels.
- Maintain and improve a testing and optimization approach and work cross-functionally to optimize conversion rates at every step of the funnel.
- Measure and report important metrics and regularly share results and insights.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and adjust as needed.
- Continually evaluate and test a full spectrum of performance media channels, partners, and emerging platforms.
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Experience in marketing at a consumer, high-growth company with experience in digital performance media, including paid social media channels, paid search, SEO, programmatic display, video advertising, and affiliate marketing.
- Experience leading a marketing team to develop and scale B2C campaigns.
- Experience developing and managing high-performing teams.
- Ability to think and act strategically, while also rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on as needed.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and distill it to solve problems and give actionable recommendations.
- Experience working with web analytics, A/B testing tools, campaign management platforms, 3rd party ad servers, and tag management solutions.
- Expertise in data visualization tools such as Looker, ClikViewor Tableau.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in related field.
- 4+ year(s) of experience in roles involving customer acquisition.
- Experience working cross collaboratively with Marketing, UX/UI, Digital and Retail teams to optimize and enhance customer experiences – proven track record.
- Experience managing digital agencies.
- Analytical, data driven in decision making.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.