Position Title: Inventory Processing Tech
Surterra Wellness is looking for a Processing Technician with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the preparation of final dosage forms derived from cannabis. This particular Processing Technician will focus on inventory management and tracking, as well as laboratory duties. This position will report to the Inventory Specialist and Processing Lab Supervisor.
Medical cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Surterra Wellness is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Surterra Wellness offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Surterra provides Company health care insurance, holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of experience.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must conduct monthly physical counts of hardware inventory and report counts to the Inventory Specialist
- Ensure hardware inventory is stored neatly and within compliance
- Assist Inventory Specialist in receiving and shipping cannabis and hardware inventory—count and confirm full orders have arrived; ensure cannabis products are transferred between departments (Processing, Production, etc.)
- Exhibit skillful knowledge of the inventory tracking system and be able to transition to new inventory tracking software updates
- Assist Inventory Specialist in overseeing inventory tracking (Intake, Creation, Export) and ensure inventory is being tracked consistently and correctly
- Assist Inventory Specialist in hands-on training of inventory tracking system and inventory procedures for new and current employees
- Implement established Surterra Wellness and Industry best practices for manufacturing cannabis-based products
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of cannabis-based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise
- Assist the Lab Supervisor with overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning and practicing aseptic lab techniques
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows
- Work alongside the extraction and processing team to meet production and quality related goals
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows
- Train and assess new staff
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members
- Assists in budget development for the laboratory and maintains control of lab costs
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed
- Responsible for laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner
- Will collaborate with the Compliance Officer, Cultivation Manager and Analytic Chemist to determine production improvement, staff improvement, and/or quality assurance/quality control adjustments
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience with inventory management and compliance practices
- Technical proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in inventory management and product production
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Minimum 2 years inventory management experience
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure, and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Florida Resident, minimum 21 years of age
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required