Surterra is looking for a Supervisor with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the manufacturing of cannabis.
Responsibilities of the Supervisor include management of employees, troubleshooting and improving processes, training and coaching direct reports, scheduling, quality and auditing SOPs. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. Supervisors will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce products for the manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Surterra Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations.
- Responsible for specific deliverables including production and quality targets.
- Maintains and enforces compliance with Department of Health requirements.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage, train and assess new staff.
- Manage employees and help to resolve employee issues.
- Train, schedule and assess new/current staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Plans workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for auditing laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Experienced with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC and or GC-MS. Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing as a technician or relevant job experience.
- Florida Resident.
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- Travel as necessary (between locations).
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
• Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
• Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
• Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
• Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
• Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
• Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.