Surterra Wellness (Surterra) is one of the fastest growing health and wellness companies in the United States (US) with a broad portfolio of high-quality brands designed to meet the needs of individuals who choose the natural medical relief and wellness enhancing of cannabis products. We are looking for a Technical Trainer to support training needs mostly in Florida, and other states as needed.
With the Technology team as your primary client, you will participate in planning, developing, and facilitating training programs that enable learning multiple systems used within our retail, cultivation and manufacturing operations. You will ensure that training is aligned with both the critical needs as outlined by the Technology team and the operational needs of the varied populations of our business.
We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for an individual with the ability to quickly learn and excel at the use of technology that is often changing, while also understanding the operational challenges of multiple areas of business. We are seeking a savvy, agile, inquisitive, learner/user-centered trainer with a proven track record of successful training outcomes. Someone who is well organized and flexible with a high degree of accountability, is able to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-pace, rapidly changing environment is required. A gifted communicator with the ability to build relationships and earn trust will excel with our diverse learners.
Working at Surterra combines the excitement of a small company, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. If you have a passion to make a difference in the health and wellness of people around the world, Surterra offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become the expert in all systems related to manufacturing and retail operations.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology as well as operations, and how it impacts learners.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Conduct training sessions with individuals and groups, via teleconferencing and in person (travel required).
- Apply tested instructional design and adult learning theories, practice and methods.
- Develop a variety of curricula (simulations, e-learning, user guides, video).
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Develop formative and summative assessments that show evidence of training efficacy.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Implement use of LMS for delivering training materials and tracking completion.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of technical training experience, training a variety of complex systems.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Deep understanding of adult learning theories.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven follow through on initiatives.
- Constant focus on end user experience.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.