Surterra is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Specialist for our manufacturing team to be responsible for oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities by performing all task related to shipping/receiving, returns, inventory, and material handling in the warehouse of all the cannabis and no-cannabis products and assuring quality of goods. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will be are responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received in the facility, develop mailing, labels and shipping documents and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly. This position also verifies incoming shipments to store that information into the software and organizing and maintaining inventory and storage area as well.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Shipping & Receiving
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Create and prepare shipping documents.
- Ensure shipments and inventory transactions accuracy
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Offload trucks when receiving and input data on the software.
- Properly label materials for inventory purposes and place in proper location.
- Verify receiving and paperwork for receiving.
- Understand and follow production priorities daily.
- Perform other related duties as requested or required.
- Assist receiving and offload trucks and move items to staging area for receiving.
- Move items throughout the warehouse to stock is organized.
- Assist in processing returns daily (follow and enforce return goods policy).
- Verify returns paperwork and inventory is accurate.
- Assist in returning inventory to the proper location.
- Assist with dead inventory disposal.
- Utilize FEFO inventory management.
- Reports any inventory variances and discrepancies.
- Ability to count accurately and assist with inventory counts.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
- Having high attention to details.
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Having knowledge in supply chain management.
- Being flexible to work on weekends and at nights.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or +2 years’ experience relate.
- Minimum 2 years inventory management experience.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 50lbs.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure, and documentation.
- Travel as necessary (between locations).
- Florida Resident, minimum 21 years of age.
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
• Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
• Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
• Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
• Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
• Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
• Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.