The Analytic Processing Chemist will implement and maintain processes related to the purification of extracted cannabis oils and testing of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement established Surterra Therapeutics and Industry best practices for testing therapeutic cannabis based products. Testing to include potency, heavy metal, pesticide and micro-biologic contamination.
- Be responsible for daily duties related to analytic testing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and testing procedures and results.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the manufacturing and extraction teams to meet production and quality related goals.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional chemists/technicians as company grows.
- Train new staff.
- Work with extraction, processing and analytic equipment.
- Interface directly with third party testing companies to interpret results, validate testing procedures and analyze data.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Technical proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Masters or Higher level degree in Chemical Science.
- Experience with analytical processes, botanical or biologic processes preferred.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Experience with lab testing equipment including HPLC, GCMS, LCMS and related software.
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.