Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
The Customer Support Specialist (CSS) establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with Customers, Sales Managers / Field Clinical Specialists, and other team members. Primary responsibilities include providing operational and sales support to internal and external customers. CSSs enhance the customer experience by providing best in industry service while supporting the attainment of company and departmental goals, and operating within company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Customer Support - Hospitals, OBLs, ASCs (40%)
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with Customers
- Educates Customers regarding products, processes, pricing, and logistics
- Drafts customer quotes, establishes accounts, and processes purchase orders per company SOPs
- Trouble-shoots product and service related issues quicky and effectively
- Documents all customer complaints / feedback per Surmodics’ complaint SOPs and manages the return authorization process
- Works with customers to complete requirements and ensure Surmodics is set up as a vendor in their system
- Becomes highly proficient in Surmodics’ CRM, ERP, and QMS systems
- Communicates clearly and professionally through all channels (phone, chat, email, fax) – is highly responsive
Sales Support – Sales Managers & Field Clinical Specialists (FCS) (40%)
- Builds rapport and relationships with field team members – Acts as an extension of the sales force
- Offers a primary point of contact at the corporate office for field personnel
- Provides high touch sales support to ensure a smooth process for customers and to enable quota attainment
- Manages open orders and communicates status with sales and clinical staff
- Arranges shipment of sample product and marketing collateral to field personnel
- Partners with field personnel to ship, manage, and reconcile trunk stock
- Provides training and on-going support to field team members on CRM system
- Collaborates with field personnel to identify targets through research and data
Cross-functional Support and General Accountabilities (20%)
- Provides administrative and/or project support to sales and marketing partners
- Adheres to company standards and values related to honesty, integrity, trust, respect, and accountability. Performs all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable state / federal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ year’s industry experience in healthcare and/or medical device
- Exceptional Customer Service, Sales Support, and Technical Support Skills and Experience
- Strong sense of urgency and superior time management skills
- Demonstrated organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure, resilience, and flexibility through all customer interactions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products- Outlook, Word, and Excel
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.