Job Title: Cost Accountant
Reports to: Director of Finance
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (6 - 9 months duration)
Potential start date: May 2021 timeframe, interviews to be completed prior to this date.
- Preparation of Monthly management accounts
- Maintain Product standard costs & investigate variances
- Oversee & drive Product / Customer profitability analysis & improvement programs
- Lead the transfer price process and customer intake analysis
- Ensure world class practices on inventory management and material cost reductions
- Implement appropriate standard costing methodologies and align with US parent
- Design & monitor relevant KPIs in terms of the operational performance of the business (utilisation/capacity/human/equipment capital)
- Preparation of operations metrics
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to ERP users of inventory transactions
- Maintain & enhance internal controls to minimise financial & business risk Sox
- Create financial reports on ERP system to meet Business management needs
- Provide Financial Lead inputs on site LEAN / six sigma initiatives
- Manage AOP / Forecast / LRP process
- Maintain compliance at all time with the Quality management system
- Ad hoc duties & reporting as required
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong Technical accounting skills
- Previous manufacturing experience essential
- Good understanding of IFRS reporting standards
- Previous exposure in a USGAAP & SOx compliance / controls environment required
Competencies and Attributes
- Good systems ability and ERP Experience essential
- Team player with ability to manage workload and work with a minimum of supervision while performing a variety of moderately difficult accounting tasks.
- A self-starter takes initiative in the performance of their duties
- Continually learning and exploring more efficient methods to perform duties.
- Capacity to make decisions in conjunction with others while learning from mistakes.
- Attention to detail is essential in the performance of all duties.
- Good interpersonal skills while building effective relationships with employees in other Dept.
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality internally and externally.
Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.