Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
The Senior Facility Technician 3 is responsible for coordinating vendors and performing the maintenance and repair of equipment throughout the Eden Prairie facilities. Additionally, the Senior Facility Technician will respond to general facility requests by building occupants.
- Perform general maintenance tasks
- Set-up, plan and supervise relocating furniture and laboratory equipment throughout facility
- Track inventory of assets and equipment stored at off-site warehouses, and coordinate movement of items
- Perform assigned work orders and respond to facility related Help Desk Ticket Requests
- Get quotes for light facility renovation projects and schedule and coordinate the work
- Utilize the Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Management (BM-RAM) system to document preventive and corrective work activities, to including contractor work
- Perform all environmental monitoring on coating rooms and production
- Collect hazardous waste and perform waste bulking 2-3 times per week or as needed.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all routine hazardous waste shipments to ensure DOT labeling, shipping and disposal requirements are met
- Perform maintenance and calibration of all fume hoods
- Schedule and complete assigned work tasks on evenings or weekends 1-2 times per month
- Assist with configuring North/South Shore conference room as needed
- Serve as point person for custodians and maintain all custodial supplies and equipment
- Run company errands for supplies as needed
- Review and update facility related SOPs as required
- Perform additional duties at the request of Operations management
- High school diploma
- 7+ years’ experience in the maintenance field, experience with clean rooms is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple customer request and coordinate with internal customers and outside vendors to complete facility related maintenance and repair projects
- Proficient in all types of floor care
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions accurately
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Computer literate
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.