Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
The Inventory Control Analyst is a critical role within our Supply Chain team. Accurate inventory ensures material purchases are made in a timely manner resulting in Production having the materials required. In this role you will work closely with manufacturing, purchasing, quality and warehouse personnel to maintain inventory accuracy throughout our ERP and Kanban systems. You will be responsible for conducting various transactions daily in ERP as well as reporting monthly and ad hoc reports which enable management, accounting, and production teams to make informed decisions; including but not limited to cycle count variance and expiring inventory.
Supply Chain (90%)
- Administer cycle count program, measure and report monthly results in Excel and PowerPoint
- Lead or assist with inventory problem resolution, overseeing the integrity of inventory and resolving discrepancies
- Investigate variances in inventory as well as processes and determine causes and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence. Initiate communication to resolve errors
- Maintain accurate records of all audits, counts, adjustments, and analysis
- Make recommendations for appropriate item set up parameters including but not limited to safety stock levels, economic order quantities and location
- Review monthly inventory aging and collaborate with manufacturing for appropriate disposition
- Perform system adjustments in ERP as required and analyze for root cause. Initiate subsequent corrective actions when necessary
- Lead and/or facilitate inventory related projects i.e. scanning, fixed locations, bin structures
- Responsible for maintaining accurate system inventory for BOM materials and Kanban for production and non-production materials
- At times, physically verify inventory where it is stored and used
Process Improvement (10%)
- Identify and lead projects which result in improved supply chain operations
- Partner with Information Services (IS) to improve supply chain metrics, reporting and system capabilities
- Define and implement improvement opportunities which strengthen our processes and systems
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of related Supply Chain and/or Inventory Control experience - or -
- Equivalent education and 4+ years of related Supply Chain and/or Inventory Control experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, charts) PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- 2+ years working in ERP such as JDE, SAP - including data extraction/reporting and inventory transactions
- Attention to details and a desire to produce accurate work
- APICS and/or C.P.M. Certification preferred
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.