Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
The Payroll Specialist is primarily focused on importing timesheet information into the payroll system, administering batch pay entries, verifying changes processed by HR, verifying totals, investigating any discrepancies, and processing payroll. Other responsibilities include handling general inquiries regarding payroll in addition to completing weekly/monthly reports. great This role liaisons with our HR department compiling payroll data such as employee changes, new hires, and payroll deductions. This position will always require absolute attention to detail and an above reproach commitment to protecting highly confidential information.
- Maintain and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions
- Maintain time keeping system including setting up new hires, setting up projects, PTO balances, etc
- Review payroll changes processed by HR including new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, and deduction changes
- Collect and verify timekeeping records for all employees, calculate pay according to hours worked, overtime and PTO
- Assist managers, supervisors, and employees as they interface with the time keeping system, including timecard approvals, and maintenance (self-service)
- Review and resolve payroll discrepancies and/or employee questions timely and accurately; take appropriate actions to mitigate future issues from arising
- Manage the labor transfer process Act as primary communicator with payroll software vendor, ADP, to maintain the payroll system, assist in resolving problems, and implement changes when necessary
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, hour, and tax laws and best practices.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Prepare and provide supporting documentation and/or information for all auditors including 401k
- Maintain payroll guidelines and update “Employee Handbook” as needed
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned payroll processes
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Support payroll version updates, etc
- Assist on projects, conduct research, and provide details as needed (i.e. systems, tools, policies, laws, etc.)
- Five or more years of multi-jurisdiction payroll processing experience with a thorough knowledge of payroll processes and applicable payroll/labor laws and IRS regulations.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
- CPP highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processes and best practices
- Experience with ADP Workforce now
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively and maintain confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in MS Excel
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.