Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Benefits/Human Resources Specialist will have the opportunity to be the company's "go-to" person for all things benefits. In addition, there will be opportunity to engage with other aspects of HR, including the HRIS and some general HR as needed.
- Serve as a primary contact for employees, vendors and third-party administrators regarding benefit related issues or questions
- Ensure that all newly eligible employees are informed of the timelines, receive the enrollment information and are appropriately enrolled in their elected benefits through the online benefit administration portal
- Administer the open enrollment process and communicate all information regarding plans for upcoming year
- Participate in the New Employee Orientation presentations
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of employee benefits packages
- Assist with day-to-day equity administration tasks and projects.
- Reconcile and process monthly carrier premium invoices and ensure timely payment.
- Administer employee leave process and partner with HR Business Partner as necessary
- Maintain personnel and benefit files including I-9 management
- Audit and reconcile payroll deduction and benefits amounts for employee benefits
- Administer the continuation of benefits in accordance with COBRA.
- Maintain updated employee life salary data with health insurance carrier for proper billing
- Coordinate and lead various Human Resources benefit events such as employee meetings on 401(k) or other benefit/wellness topics
- Coordinate and ensure filing annual reports with federal and state agencies and supports audits
- Ensure data integrity in HRIS (ADP, Halogen, Solium and Intranet) systems
- Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: entering new employees data correctly, updating employee information, submitting employee change entries and tickets, etc.
- Coordinates annual performance management process within Halogen
- Participate in applicable system implementations and upgrades
- Maintains and updates Intranet on behalf of Human Resources
General Human Resources
- Assist all employees and managers with any HR related questions or concerns and escalate accordingly
- Supports new hire onboarding as acting as the liaison with the hiring manager
- Verifies all employment related documentation, including I-9 and ensures that records are kept current
- Audits job descriptions and organizes accordingly
- Coordinates and actively participates in the organization of company/employee events
- Reconciles HR expenses within Concur
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- 2+ years of benefits administration experience or similar experience preferred
- 2+ years of administrative HR experience
- 1+ years experience utilizing ADP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Commitment to customer service and a strong sense of ownership for projects and results
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal effectiveness and the ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, local employment laws, EO/AA practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong ability in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.