Surf Air Mobility is building a world where air travel is the most sustainable, affordable, comfortable, quiet, and fastest way to travel any distance. We have brought all the pieces together to accelerate the next great revolution in aviation: electric flight. By unlocking affordable, more sustainable, personalized air transportation for everyone, Surf Air Mobility promises to bring aviation into the modern age.
There are two primary departments that work closely together: Marketplace and Air Operations. We are looking for talented individuals that are passionate about shaping the future of air mobility and inventing something the world has never seen before.
Surf Air Mobility represents the sense of adventure, discovery, and gateway to new possibilities – where entrepreneurship is a cult and changes the way people experience the world. We want to turn the world of aviation on its head and believe the only way to do so is by being bold and new. Nothing is sacred and in fact we want to change everything that slows people down. Innovation and creativity are what we thrive on.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This is a high-growth position that will play a critical role in all technical and complex matters, including revenue, leases, equity, debt, and business combinations.
As our ideal candidate, you are an individual that is naturally attracted to the Surf Air brand and you “get it”. You have a strong personality of your own and are committed to offering support to the company and its vision.
This role will report to the SEC Reporting Director, who reports to the Chief Accounting Officer in the Finance department. While the Corporate headquarter is based in Hawthorne, CA, you will apply a hybrid model to work in the Corporate office 2 days and work from home during the rest of days each week.
- Set up a consistent grouping of TB accounts into financial statements.
- Handle monthly consolidations among all entities by eliminating intercompany transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate consolidated statements, forms and forms to be filed with the SEC, including S-4, Earning Releases, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and others. Support the financial statement disclosures including consolidated balance sheet, consolidated income statement, consolidated statement of cash flows, statement of stockholders' equity, footnotes, MD&A’s and others.
- Support the preparation of quarterly consolidated or entity-level financial reports for the board of directors, audit committee, investors, and lenders, as applicable.
- Act as accounting liaison with internal accounting / audit and external auditors, providing support and guidance in preparation of schedules and other analyses in support of annual and quarterly audits and assists in responding to recommendations.
- Assist with new system implementation such as Active Disclosure, Floqast, and Equity administration program.
- Support the Company’s internal control implementations led by the Internal Audit team company-wide.
- Other Adhoc projects by SEC Reporting Director or Chief Accounting Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We are a growing organization and need team members who thrive in a rapidly changing environment. Flexibility and a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, while managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, innovative organization.
- Customer focus: A demonstrated track record of proactively engaging leaders and employees of all levels with a strong degree of professional maturity and the ability to influence outcomes is essential.
- Strong communication skills: Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to effectively work with all level and leadership styles. Strong business acumen with proven experience translating business needs into actions that will move the business forward.
- Enthusiasm: High energy level with driving sense of urgency and continuous improvement mindset along with a strong desire and ability to mentor and coach.
- Project management skills: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, that require cross-functional collaboration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university, with active CPA License.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably with a combination of experiences from both public accounting and publicly traded companies.
- Experience in aerospace or technology industry preferred.
- Prior Experience with NetSuite and Workiva will add value, though not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet the deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
Pay: $75,000-125,000/yr + Bonus
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Surf Air Mobility, we are committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. Surf Air Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Surf Air Mobility is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.