SupportLogic SX™ is a platform that elevates customer service experience by leveraging natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML). The platform seamlessly integrates with your existing ticketing system (such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, Microsoft Dynamics), reads all the comments in every ticket to extract key signals related to customer sentiment and churn, predicting outcomes and providing proactive recommendations. Customer Support and Success organizations use the platform to stay on top of how their customers feel about them thus improving customer relationships, products and operations.
We are a well-funded startup with investments from top tier investors in Silicon Valley (Sorenson Ventures, Sierra Ventures) and a customer list that is a who’s-who of Enterprise IT companies. We are privileged to have customers who are not only outspoken fans of our product but also prove it by renewing every year.
Overview of role:
Our hands-on India-based Senior DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with other DevOps engineers, application developers, technical architects, and stakeholders across other departments to deliver modern, enterprise-grade, cloud-native architectures with high levels of automation.
How your work will support our growth:
- Modernize - Enable new features and mitigate gaps in the existing technical stack through continuous modernization with software architects and development teams.
- Enable decisions - Evaluate cutting edge products and platform solutions to provide technical proposals for leadership to make the right decisions.
- Architect - Propose new platform architectures and process improvements in DevOps in collaboration with Product, Customer Success, and other engineers.
- Monitor - Drive monitoring and observability strategy and implementation in the organization by infrastructure and application monitoring/alerting solutions. Propose the right monitoring framework by assessing the existing use cases and pain points.
- Deploy - Support software deployments while looking to improve the CI/CD/CT process continuously.
- Automate - Identify avenues to improve productivity by automating DevOps processes where applicable.
- Secure - Improve security posture of the current solutions with both tools and processes. Provide best practices in secret management and participate in security certification processes.
- Sustain - Champion stability to the existing 24/7 supported systems by participating in the incident management process through weekly on-call duties once a month to troubleshoot and provide fixes in a timely fashion.
Our Tech Stack:
- Cloud platform: Google Cloud Platform
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Data flow: Postgres, Snowflake, RethinkDB, Fivetran
- Project/ticket management: Jira
- Release: Git, Github, CircleCI
- Security: Jumpcloud, Okta, Auth0, Vault, Google KMS
- Observability: Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Datadog
- VPC provisioning: Terraform
- Automation: Python and Bash
- Monitoring: Splunk
About you (don't worry if you don't have this whole list- we expect you to learn with us):
- A dynamic self-starter who’s excited to contribute in a fast paced startup environment.
- Embraces ambiguity and proactively takes ownership.
- Knowledge of various IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings within GCP and other clouds. Includes VM and database provisioning, network architecture and various other aspects involved in VPC design.
- Understand various non-functional requirements and their associated SLAs such as scalability via scaling up/out, performance, monitorability, availability, security.
- Experience with Docker containerization, Kubernetes orchestration, and micro services architecture.
- Scripting experience to automate regular tasks to improve performance and maintainability.
- Familiar with logging, monitoring and observability solutions.
- Hands-on work with Infrastructure as Code solutions (Terraform) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization (OAuth2, SAML, LDAP) solutions.
- Fluent with Git/Github including branching, merging, and tagging.
- Familiarity to manage SQL and noSQL/document store databases and data pipeline (ETL,ELT) platforms.
- Works best using Agile methodology and comfortable with 2 week sprints.