Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is building women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Since our founding in April 2019, Supermajority Education Fund and our related 501(c)(4) organization, Supermajority, have reached more than a million women through in-person conversations and online outreach. In August 2019, over 75,000 people from all 50 states completed our Women’s Poll, which led to the creation of the Majority Rules, a set of values to help us build the country we deserve. In September and October 2019, the Supermajority Education Fund Bus Tour met up with thousands of women across fourteen states. In December 2019 we welcomed Pantsuit Nation, an online community of more than 3 million women and allies, into our organization. In 2020, we ran the country’s largest woman-to-woman voter engagement program by offering strategic digital tools, training, and information to women and allies around the country. In 2021, we are continuing the work of engaging and mobilizing women across the country, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and it’s disproportionate impact on women, specifically women of color.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a Deputy Director of Development Director of Major Gifts, to join the team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Deputy Development Director will be integral in creating and implementing a finance plan and building the pipeline of major gift support. A successful candidate will have experience managing a major gift portfolio, successfully soliciting five and six figure gifts, and developing new donor relationships.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Contributes to the creation and execution of the annual development plan by building and sustaining a robust major donor portfolio.
- Plans and implements the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of donors and prospects who have the capacity to give 5, 6 and 7 figure gifts.
- Consistently engages in communication with potential and existing donors through email, phone outreach and meetings (either virtual or in person).
- Expands the portfolio of major donors through identification of and outreach to new prospects.
- Works in partnership with the Director of Development and Executive Director to plan and execute complex solicitation strategies.
- Collaborates with the Development team on events and donor communication.
- Ensures that all data is appropriately captured in NGP Every Action, and generates reports when needed.
Required skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Commitment to the values of the Super Majority Education Fund, most critically working with a multiracial workforce and actively being anti-racist at work.
- Candidates must have experience closing five figure gifts.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel (when safe).
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Working for racial equity: Consistently integrate a deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Experience with raising funds for various types of legal entities
- Knowledge of national philanthropic landscape is a plus
- Interest and experience with women’s rights and advocacy organizations a plus.
- Salary for this position is between $100,000 and $110,000, and is commensurate with experience.
- Supermajority Education Fund, a fiscally sponsored project of the New Venture Fund, provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, May 28, 2021, via the link above. Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and/or complete a written assessment as part of the interview process. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
New Venture Fund Careers
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.