Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is building women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We provide women with the tools, resources, and information they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Since our founding in April 2019, Supermajority Education Fund and our related 501(c)(4) organization, Supermajority, have reached more than a million women through in-person conversations and online outreach. In August 2019, over 75,000 people from all 50 states completed our Women’s* Poll, which led to the creation of the Majority Rules, a set of values to help us build the country we deserve. In September and October 2019, the Supermajority Education Fund Bus Tour met up with thousands of women across fourteen states. In December 2019 we welcomed Pantsuit Nation, an online community of more than 3 million women and allies, into our organization. In 2020, we ran the country’s largest woman-to-woman voter engagement program by offering strategic digital tools, training, and information to women and allies around the country. In 2021, we are continuing the work of engaging and mobilizing women across the country, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and it’s disproportionate impact on women, specifically women of color.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a Design Associate. Reporting to the Senior Graphic Design Manager, the graphic design associate will be primarily responsible for meeting the day-to-day branded creative needs across Supermajority.com, social media channels, advertising, and organizational events and collateral. The Graphic Design Associate will create original graphics and assets following the direction of a creative brief, and will develop and manage design templates for internal and external use.
The Graphic Design Associate will serve as a brand advocate internally, providing visual guidance, branding support, and actively updating out-of-date or off-brand organizational materials.
We are a newer brand, founded in early 2019, so the Graphic Design Associate will be uniquely positioned to help continue to shape Supermajority’s visual identity. Working closely with the Senior Design Manager, the Graphic Design Associate will take our newly developed visual guidelines and help us establish it in the world—experimenting and adapting it as we grow and expand the organization and our digital footprint.
All duties can be conducted virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Design Associate will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
Design & Collateral Development
- Create graphic templates, trainings/presentations and help set and enforce branding standards
- Work on day-to-day design requests including social media graphics, email graphics, online organizing event headers, internal and external communications, and support org-wide visual needs
- Create and execute compelling visuals to drive a narrative, enhance a story, or inform our audience across digital mediums
- Create and maintain an on-brand illustration and photography bank as well as relationships with illustrators and photographers
- Create adaptations of campaigns for different platforms with art direction from the Design Manager
- Provide support in evolving, updating, and creating website page designs in WordPress
- Participate in (and lead) creative brainstorms for campaigns or rapid response moments
- Work collaboratively with our team, the national staff, site staff across the country, and vendors
- Research new ideas and channels to stay on top of digital social trends
- Continue to iterate and evolve the visual language of our brand
Required skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in in-house brand design or agency
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in communicating and presenting ideas, and interacting and collaborating with a range of constituents
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Understanding of social platforms and how to drive engagement on these platforms
- Passion for our mission and desire to be part of a fast-growing organization building an intergenerational, multiracial movement for women’s equity
- A commitment to inclusion, you can effectively work in and support underserved communities including having an understanding of historical context, discernment of relationships and power dynamics, and an awareness of social, racial, and ethnic equity
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Animation and/or motion graphics experience
- Experience with video editing
- UX/UI experience
- Experience with CSS/HTML
- Illustration skills
- Salary for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000, and is commensurate with experience.
- Supermajority Education Fund, a fiscally sponsored project of the New Venture Fund, provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and portfolio of work, April 16, via the link above. Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and/or complete a written assessment as part of the interview process. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
New Venture Fund Careers
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Supermajority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.