Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Since our founding in April 2019, Supermajority Education Fund and our related 501(c)(4) organization, Supermajority, have reached more than a million women through in-person conversations and online outreach. In August 2019, over 75,000 people from all 50 states completed our Women’s* Poll, which led to the creation of the Majority Rules, a set of values to help us build the country we deserve. In September and October 2019, the Supermajority Education Fund Bus Tour met up with thousands of women across fourteen states, and included conversations between our members and five presidential candidates. In December 2019 we launched Supermajority News, a new editorial platform reporting on the intersection of gender, politics, and activism, and welcomed Pantsuit Nation, an online community of more than 3 million women and allies, into our organization. In 2020, we are poised to run the country’s largest woman-to-woman voter engagement program by offering strategic digital tools, training, and information to women and allies around the country.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking an Operations Associate, that will support both the operations and financial priorities of the organization. All duties can be conducted virtually during COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
Vendor & Invoice Management
- Support vendor invoice and contract management, including:
- Submission of payments to vendors
- Contract logistics management
- Contract and invoice tracking
- Vendor communication and follow up as needed
General Organization Operations
- Coordinate with staff to troubleshoot operations issues related to: timesheet submission, credit cards, expense reimbursement, and other operational issues
- Support in the development of and serve as an enforcer of operations policies, including: contracts process, expense submission process, timesheet submission etc.
- Support development and maintenance of organizational FAQ document
- Support operations and administrative activities including: check/mail tracking and management, deposits, etc.
Administrative & Team Organization
- Support Ops team organization including, scheduling for the COO, distributing notes and action items after team meetings, and lifting up open items / priorities to all team members
- Serve as first responder / reviewer to all organizational expense reports
- Reviewing and booking travel for all Supermajority staffers
- Support expense reconciliation process for Ops team
- Support purchasing and setup of technology equipment, including computers, office AV, etc.
- Support Office Affairs Associate in planning for office orders and events as appropriate
HR, Hiring & Onboarding
- Support as needed with JD drafting and posting
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong organizational skills: Demonstrated ability to remain organized and on top of ongoing priorities and manage multiple assignments at one time.
- Good verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Working for racial equity: Consistently integrate a deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Experience and / or interest in advancing gender equity
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and G-Suite
- The annual salary starts at $60,000 and is commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. Deadline to apply is May 29, 2020.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume via the link above.
New Venture Fund Careers Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.