Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic participation. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Since our founding in April 2019, Supermajority Education Fund and our related 501(c)(4) organization, Supermajority, have reached more than a million women through in-person conversations and online outreach. In August 2019, over 75,000 people from all 50 states completed our Women’s* Poll, which led to the creation of the Majority Rules, a set of values to help us build the country we deserve. In September and October 2019, the Supermajority Education Fund Bus Tour met up with thousands of women across fourteen states, and included conversations between our members and five presidential candidates. In December 2019 we launched Supermajority News, a new editorial platform reporting on the intersection of gender, politics, and activism, and welcomed Pantsuit Nation, an online community of more than 3 million women and allies, into our organization. In 2020, we are poised to run the country’s largest woman-to-woman voter engagement program by offering strategic digital tools, training, and information to women and allies around the country.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a motivated, detail oriented Senior Associate of Development Operations to join our team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Associate will help support the day-to-day execution of the development plan that includes major gifts, foundation gifts and mid-level and grassroots donor programs.
The Development Senior Associate will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Development team, including assisting the Director with tracking revenue, projections and pledges and developing systems to help the team remain organized and functioning at high capacity. The Senior Associate will also lead the transition to using our donor database, maintaining data integrity and exploring ways to best produce reports for the team. They will also partner with the digital team to support grassroots fundraising effort. The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, communicative, creative and organized. All duties can be done virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
- Develop, build, and refine systems to support the overall fundraising goals of the department.
- Track pledges and pledge reminders, and assist the Director with keeping up to date projections.
- Lead the transition from working with a database on Google Sheets to operating successfully with NGP database, including transfer of all information, developing systems for using the database, learning how to produce reports and maintaining data integrity.
- Organize and maintain an online library, through Google Docs, of donor outreach materials, solicitations, briefing memos, donor research and other development materials;
- Partner with the digital team to lead grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Manage donor acknowledgement process.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Superior organizational skills: Able to juggle multiple projects with various deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize as needed;
- Experience with database management: Experience working within donor databases, organizing donor information and creating reports;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Able to communicate clearly about progress on projects with managers and colleagues; and
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Working for racial equity: Willingness to integrate an understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Experience with EveryAction/NGP a plus.
- Experience with raising funds for various types of legal entities;
- Experience working in a robust fundraising department is helpful; and
- Interest and experience with women’s rights and advocacy organizations.
- The annual salary starts at $75,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply Please submit a resume via the link above. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 22, 2020.
New Venture Fund Careers Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.