Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to work together. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and change the direction of this country.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a Deputy Director of Development to join the team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Deputy Development Director will be integral in creating and implementing a finance plan and supporting the execution of principal and surrogate development travel. A successful candidate will have experience raising funds from a diverse set of sources including, but not limited to major donors, foundation, and low dollar grassroots supporters.
The Deputy Development Director will help with the day-to-day execution of the fundraising plan, provide support to the Development Director, which might include but is not limited to preparing documents for prospective and existing donors, partnering with the digital team to support grassroots fundraising efforts, and maintaining a donor database. The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, communicative, creative and organized.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the annual development plan
- Establish and manage a portfolio of existing and prospective donor relationships, including soliciting donors for 4, 5 and 6 figure gifts.;
- Help manage the development database and tracking systems for all donors;
- Perform research and other tasks to identify prospective donors;
- Coordinate with our operations, budget and departmental teams to support day-to-day activity
- Help manage all fundraising events and meetings, including maintaining the development calendar of events
- Draft meeting memos and donor correspondence
- Providing ongoing support to the Development Director
- Assist and manage logistics for development events, including, but not limited to: creating and distributing invitations; managing response lists, and all logistics relating to the event program and format
- Manage donor database entries and generate reports.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Commitment to the values of the Super Majority Education Fund, most critically working with a multicultural workforce, with sensitivity and appreciation for cultural differences
- Experience raising money from diverse sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Event management experience is a plus
- Experience with raising funds for various types of legal entities
- Interest and experience with women’s rights and advocacy organizations a plus.
- The annual salary starts at $90,000.
How to Apply:
Super Majority Education Fund has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Individuals who complete the simple form by Wednesday, March 11th, will be given priority; therefore, we encourage you to submit yours soon!
This evaluation process will follow best practices shown to reduce bias in decision making and may be different from other application processes you have experienced. Lastly, while there is an option to submit a cover letter, we kindly request that you not submit one as it will not be read.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Venture Fund Careers:
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.