Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic participation. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Our goal is to engage millions of women and others who share common values on the need to achieve gender equity. Supermajority Education Fund will provide the training and community-building to help people both stay engaged and also increase their skills and confidence as advocates and grassroots organizers. We seek to build a national cohort of leaders that is multiracial and intergenerational, representing the diversity of our country, who learn from us and from each other about the powerful possibility of women. Through ongoing exposure to leaders, community efforts and issue education, we will create a united force across America that can work together to create the will to make substantive progress on issues that affect millions of women – from reproductive equity to affordable child care to equal pay. Supermajority Education Fund was created out of the belief that women know how to solve these problems but we need a trained, organized and united national movement in order to make real lasting change.
Supermajority and Supermajority Education Fund are seeking an Email Campaigns Manager to oversee all aspects of the organizations’ email programs from conception to execution to analysis. Reporting to the Head of Community, the Email Campaigns Manager will collaborate across teams to build a best-in-class email program that enables our organization to execute a scaled woman-to-woman voter engagement program in 2020 and to build capacity within our membership to mobilize on behalf of gender equity for years to come. To achieve these goals, the Email Campaigns Manager will be responsible for growing our email list, cultivating a sense of community and loyalty among Supermajority’s members to galvanize them toward collective action, and building a grassroots donor base.
A successful candidate will have experience running A/B tests to evaluate what is or isn’t resonating with different constituencies, concepting, building, and QA’ing end-to-end email experiences, collaborating with key stakeholders to make sure the email program is supporting broader organizational objectives, and familiarity with the systems and best practices that will continue to build a strong foundation for the email program.
The Email Campaigns Manager will also be responsible for coordinating with our mobile messaging and communications teams to analyze engagement across channels and optimize content delivery methods based on member and subscriber response.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
- Own the email program for Supermajority (501(c)(4)) and Supermajority Education Fund (501(c)(3))
- Grow the Supermajority email list consistently and organically in collaboration with the communications and engagement teams
- Develop and maintain the email engagement calendar aligning with key organizational initiatives and opportunities
- Develop personalization and segmentation strategies to drive engagement through metric-driven testing
- Develop lifecycle marketing programs to increase the lifetime value of a supporter by lowering churn and improving rates of engagement and donor behavior
- Analyze and report on campaigns, identifying goals, results, and opportunities for improvement on a weekly basis
- Monitor and optimize all KPIs: deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, fundraising, as well as specific organizational goals around individual campaigns
- Serve as technical expert for email service provider to optimize reporting, targeting, acquisition, and retention opportunities
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, to execute the email program including development team, mobilization team, events team, and agency and third party vendors (e.g. Blue State Digital)
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide email marketing thought leadership: a strong understanding of best in class email marketing, new tools and software, and desire/ability to create a best in class email program
Required skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Hands-on email experience in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with an ability to match our organizational voice
- Sophisticated understanding of email deliverability metrics
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once under tight deadlines and with rapid changes
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Working for racial equity: Willingness to integrate an understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
The strongest candidates will also have the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience with Blue State Digital or like tools
- Prior experience with scripting languages for email personalization and dynamic content
- The annual salary starts at $75,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- Supermajority Education Fund, a fiscally sponsored project of the New Venture Fund, provides a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid time off; and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter via the link above. Your cover letter should speak to your unique qualifications and interest in Supermajority Education Fund. Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and/or complete a written assessment as part of the interview process. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 21, 2020.
New Venture Fund Careers:
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.