Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Our goal is to engage millions of women and others who share common values on the need to achieve gender equity. Supermajority Education Fund will provide the training and community-building to help people both stay engaged and also increase their skills and confidence as advocates and grassroots organizers. We seek to build a national cohort of leaders that is multiracial and intergenerational, representing the diversity of our country, who learn from us and from each other about the powerful possibility of women. Through ongoing exposure to leaders, community efforts and issue education, we will create a united force across America that can work together to create the will to make substantive progress on issues that affect millions of women – from reproductive equity to affordable child care to equal pay. Supermajority Education Fund was created out of the belief that women know how to solve these problems but we need a trained, organized and united national movement in order to make real lasting change.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking an Operations Associate, that will support both the operations and financial priorities of the organization.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
Vendor & Invoice Management
- Support vendor invoice and contract management, including:
- Submission of payments to vendors
- Contract logistics management
- Contract and invoice tracking
- Vendor communication and follow up as needed
Financials & Budgeting Support
- Support monthly financial consolidation process, including: pulling exports directly from vendor platforms, categorizing financials, and generating monthly internal finance/operations reports
- Support in creating and tracking spend to departmental budgets
- Support stand up and ongoing maintenance of independent accounting system
- Own bi-weekly report outs on financial platforms: including account balances and fundraising platform activity
General Organization Operations
- Coordinate with staff to troubleshoot operations issues related to: timesheet submission, credit cards, expense reimbursement, and other operational issues
- Serve as an enforcer of operations policies, including: contracts process, expense submission process, timesheet submission etc.
- Support operations and administrative activities including: check/mail tracking and management, deposits, etc.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong organizational skills: Demonstrated ability to remain organized and on top of ongoing priorities and manage multiple assignments at one time
- Good verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external and internal stakeholders
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Working for racial equity: Consistently integrate a deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Experience and / or interest in advancing gender equity
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Office, and G-Suite
- The annual salary starts at $65,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter via the link above. Your cover letter should speak to your unique qualifications, and why you want to work for Supermajority. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. The deadline to apply for this role is February 14, 2020.
New Venture Fund Careers Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.