Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Our goal is to engage millions of women and others who share common values on the need to achieve gender equity. Supermajority Education Fund will provide the training and community-building to help people both stay engaged and also increase their skills and confidence as advocates and grassroots organizers. We seek to build a national cohort of leaders that is multiracial and intergenerational, representing the diversity of our country, who learn from us and from each other about the powerful possibility of women. Through ongoing exposure to leaders, community efforts and issue education, we will create a united force across America that can work together to create the will to make substantive progress on issues that affect millions of women – from reproductive equity to affordable child care to equal pay. Supermajority Education Fund was created out of the belief that women know how to solve these problems but we need a trained, organized and united national movement in order to make real lasting change.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking an Office Affairs Associate. Reporting to the Manager of the Executive Office, the Office Affairs Associate will be responsible for the administrative functions and special projects of the Executive Office.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
Executive Office Administrative Functions
- Manage end-to-end expense process for Executive Director and Chief of Staff including: expense submission, expense issues troubleshooting, and vendor coordination.
- Serve as key point of contact to coordinate schedules and logistics for board meetings, senior staff meetings, all-staff meetings, and programmatic events.
- Maintain discretion with all sensitive materials such as internal briefing documents and emails.
- Oversee all traveling and advance logistics related to the schedule of the Executive Director. Organize trip planning calls with internal/external stakeholders, develop written, detailed schedules, and manage all related travel in conjunction with the schedule and from time to time for the Executive Director’s traveling party. Manage logistics related to the schedule including agenda scope and briefing materials.
- Support the calendar maintenance of the Executive Director.
- Prepare event briefings for co-founders as needed.
- Manage meeting logistics and communications for external guests.
- Support strategy and execution of contact management system.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in administrative and scheduling activities to improve them.
New York City Office Management
- Serve as primary point of contact for office management including tracking and ordering office supplies and generally ensuring a comfortable and productive work environment.
- Implement administrative processes to support the back-end functions of the organization.
- Participate in search for long-term office space.
- Coordinate with office landlord and other tenants as needed.
- Coordinate across teams to assist with and manage special projects on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the Operations Associate, manage all travel logistics for Supermajority staff.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail: Demonstrated ability to remain organized and juggle multiple assignments while paying attention to the details. Creative and thorough.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external and internal stakeholders. Positivity and a sense of humor.
- Passion for Supermajority mission and interest in being part of a start-up organization. Deep interest in gender equality and an ability to be self-directed and work in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. A track record of developing and implementing new or improved systems and processes and achieving strong results.
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsive via email, and willingness to participate in regular video calls. Ability to coordinate with multiple teams and balance multiple projects.
- Working for racial equity: Consistently integrate a deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience with office and event management.
- Prior experience working with principals.
- Prior political/campaign experience.
- Strong systems experience: Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Documents, CRM systems (Salesforce, NGP Van, etc.).
*These skills are valued, but they are not essential -- please apply if you meet some of these qualifications! We are looking forward to meeting you.
- The annual salary starts at $65,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and answer the questions per the directions outlined. Cover letter is optional, but welcomed. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
New Venture Fund Careers
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Super Majority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.